Italian Job 2 ,please help solve these annoying little probs

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
robianno

Italian Job 2 ,please help solve these annoying little probs

Post by robianno »

hi ive recently bought 2 new machines, the first one is jackpots that rock and roll on a 35 pound jackpot, what a wicked machine no problems what at all, the second machine is the italian job 2, its a great machine but has a few issues, u may be able to shed some light on, 1st off the is a constant pulsating sort of buzz coming from the speakers, 2nd, when its idle it doesnt flash all the bulbs it just sits there looking dark with just the alphanumeric board scrolling messages until you put a quid in then it comes to life, and the last off, when the alphanumeric board is scrolling messages, capital M's do not come out but all others are ok " so instead of it saying mini or maygay it says ini and aygay, lol, i hope you can help.
many regards
robianno
psxcity

Post by psxcity »

this the epoch based one???
robianno

Post by robianno »

yes it is :D
psxcity

Post by psxcity »

ok attract mode is dil switch 4 i think (might be 14!!) tis no prob just try one at time close door and fire her up!!,buzzing could be a few things usually the psu,give it a hard tap!! alpha display have you tested in in test mode,unusual for just one letter to go...might be corruption,try a ram clear,finally if you need any epoch parts or other questions just shout me!
robianno

Post by robianno »

ok thats great thanks for the reply, just one thing how do you clear the ram, thanks
psxcity

Post by psxcity »

"Clear Memory" is an option in the extended test menu on Epoch machines. Test 9.2
To enter extended tests, hold the collect/stop button will simultaneously pressing the red test button next to the hopper

copy n pasted from an old "aaamusements.co.uk" post--saves me typing!!
robianno

Post by robianno »

ok found the extended tests reset the ram and still no capital M's, its weird the little m's come out ok and every other letter perfectly????
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

DIL Switch 16 - Attract Mode
Off=Normal
On=Dim

The missing M's is a very strange problem and at the moment I have no answer!

Buzzing PSUs can sometimes be cured by upgrading to the newer Mark 2 PSU circuit board.

If you need any spares then ask me, as I am more handsome. Allegedly. :lol:
psxcity

Post by psxcity »

ahh knew i shoulda checked the manual!!
aaamusements.co.uk wrote:If you need any spares then ask me, as I am more handsome. Allegedly. :lol:
that may be true but i have a bigger.............................

load of spare parts to get rid off!!!