did i do right or wrong ?

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
trayhop123

did i do right or wrong ?

Post by trayhop123 »

yesterday walked into a pub for a hi-lo ,

woman on it , say early forties , so i bought my drink , sat and waited .

2 AND A HALF LONG FUCKING HOURS.

now some might say that was my first mistake , but it was flying ,

not once but twice in this agonising wait , she had red bbucks , but never took it because she had extra life etc , and carried on till she lost it, then preceded to take anything red ,,,,

toggles , cash grab shit , every thing ,,,,,,,,

now im not blaming her for being a munter , but in about an hour and a half she must have only put 90 in ,,,,,, surviving on the numerous red wins , and frequent boards..

anyhow half way through she ushered a bar maid and after a short conversation put an out of order sign on it ,,,,

i questioned said strumpet ,,,, who informed me that she was going bank for more funds .

an hour later i counted another 80 in notes had disappeared into the changer .

then she went toilet finally .

and i pounced ,,,,,, i knew i shouldn't and it was against my better judgement , but she didn't leave a credit in it , and i had been waiting nearly 3 hours , 2bags of mc coys and four j2o's.

she came out the toilet and gave me that woman scorned filthiest of looks , and i felt soooooo guilty , she said " thats my money in that " as she stomped towards the door,

anyhow i made 74 on it and left .

but i felt a cunt ,,,,,,, but 2 n a half hours .

seriously what would you have done?

take into account the sheer bordom of the wait.
Little discipline = BIG issue

sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Not an ideal situation, but with no out of order sign on the fruit and no credits in the game either, I'd have done the same as you. Been there many times before too, I've ranged my approach from jumping on stuff to waiting for ages and I don't like either options tbh.

I've been in the reverse situation where I've had the onset of food poisoning, left £10 in the bank and credits in a fireball, ran to the toilet and when I came back, no bank, no credits. Kicked off big time, got no money tho so I guess it's swings and roundabouts.

What I've learnt (the hard way) over the last year or so is that very few people will help you out in life, most acquaintances or even semi friends wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, so unfortunately it's probably best to look after number 1. I can't criticise what you did at all. You've got a living to make.
Bored of the grind.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

spose if she did'nt put the out of order sign on when she went to the toilet you've just about got plausible deniability :wink:
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Good stuff mate.

The money is better in your arse pocket than some scrote who walks straight in off the street, like said above, look after number one this day and age coz if you don't, no fucker else will.

In fact, my New Year resolution was to be less nice to people.....3 months in and it still hasn't been broken! :D
ob

Post by ob »

Ironically you probably saved her from losing more money, which she unfortunately will never understand.

I've gotten so pissed off with the situation of a munter getting on the machine I wanted to play whilst I'm getting drinks (even worse once in richmond some SCUMMY ROTTEN PIKEY TWAT getting on it) that I've been putting a quid into something as soon as I get in, just as to reserve it, such that anyone that goes over to it, I can go over and inform them I'm on it.

Also whilst I'm on this point off annoying people can I point out whoever breaks the change stake button on the win stopper in clacket lane over and over again is the biggest twat on earth, why on earth would you do it? No sense in it, they keep fixing it, but no you keep having to break it, again and again, and for what... you're not even going to make on it yourself
dannyedge25

-

Post by dannyedge25 »

she fukin deserved it i would of loved to av been there just to see her face.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

ob wrote:Also whilst I'm on this point off annoying people can I point out whoever breaks the change stake button on the win stopper in clacket lane over and over again is the biggest twat on earth, why on earth would you do it? No sense in it, they keep fixing it, but no you keep having to break it, again and again, and for what... you're not even going to make on it yourself
Yeah idiots that do this, its obviously some poor wannabe player who cant even make money that gets pissed of when he finds a dial dead!
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

Some people just cant walk away with coins Lee, maybe if she won a large amount she would have only spent a few more hours munting away, by this time you would probably be on your 6th bag of McCoys!
:lol:
no guilt m8, and nice result... next machine, 3 hours behind schedule grrrr!
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

cheers for the positive responses guys ,

three hours had a severe impact on my day , meaning i wasn't able to finish my route .

still felt a little guilty though, despite the result .
Little discipline = BIG issue

joe3_3

Re: -

Post by joe3_3 »

dannyedge25 wrote:she fukin deserved it i would of loved to av been there just to see her face.
Why?
dannyedge25

-

Post by dannyedge25 »

why do you even ask me that of course she did she is putting her money in when she does not know what she is doing
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Think i am in a minority of one, in the fact that I wouldnt have done so, just as I know she would of continued playing.

Saying that though, it is a cut throat world out there, and sometimes you got to do what you got to do.
aaamusements.co.uk

Re: -

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

dannyedge25 wrote:why do you even ask me that of course she did she is putting her money in when she does not know what she is doing
I think what Joe means is why would you want to be there? Why find such joy in other people's misfortune?
joe3_3

Post by joe3_3 »

Yeah people seem to forget that without the average punter losing you wouldnt be winning yourself.
Obviously you want to play a machine thats ready to drop but i'd never revel in watching someone do they're bollocks.
Infact i'd probably feel quite sorry for them.
(Whilst still however wanting them to leave the m/c with life in it)
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

I used to feel embarrassed when I used to operate SWPs, if someone stuck a few quid in and it shafted them while I was there...