New Phone

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
stuart4010

New Phone

Post by stuart4010 »

I'm upgrading my phone, I currently have a Nokia 6230i, which in terms of reliability has been poor.

Any suggestions for some decent mobile phones on the market just now?
ratSekuL

Post by ratSekuL »

Samsung u600
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I've just got the new ericsson which is very nice indeed. That new nokia with the 5mp camera is also getting rave reviews, though is quite costly at the moment. 8)
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I'm getting the new slimline Erikkson 880i.

And then selling it on ebay!
jimmymac

Post by jimmymac »

plenty of phones out with all sorts of different functions and bells and whistles.

Go all out and get the Nokia N95, more functions than you'll ever work out its got and find you don't use more than 50% of it..

or possibly the new Sony Ericssion P1.....a small PC in your pocket!!

The question should really be what do you want in your phone, do you use it for pictures, do you have need of an MP3 player, or do you just want a decent phone that won't fall apart within a month!

Also whats you current contract like as some phones may or may not be free depending on the tariff your using.

Personally I used to always have the latest and greatest phone that could do anything. Now I just want something robust that sens messages and makes phone calls. The camera is redundant as I picked up a fantastic 7.2 megapixel camera thats about the size of a phone that does a much better job :)
theoak

Post by theoak »

Me and the wifey also have a very nice 7.1 camera, but I wouldnt say it renders the phone cam obsolete. Its still good to have when you dont want to carry your camera about or when you want to MMS things etc, these days they can take decent enough pictures even to print.

I do like the slimline SE, but it has no 'flash' so would be shit in the evening or on a nite out and I THINK it lacks auto-focus as well and a radio.

I would personally go for the K810i:

smaller than the k800 that came out before, packed with the usual SE features and pretty damn sexy too.

Oh, and that double sided samsung looks very shit indeed.
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Post by Flying Spaghetti Monster »

The last new phone I got was the Samsung E900, I now will be avoiding Samsung like the plague! The phone looks really nice and is a good size (slim, lightweight etc) but the actual interface is abhorrant! To send a text to your mate first you have to wrestle with the T9 dictionary (turns itself on and off each time you go to create a new message, if you want it on its off and if you want it off its on) then having writtenyour text (and not accidently brushed the touch sensitive cancel/hang up button) you then have to go through the most pointless mind numbing button combination just to send the message (think it adds up to 5 presses not counting finding the person you want to send it to).

Also you cant change your incoming message tone (other than to about 5 presets)

You have no radio.

You cant have ring + vibrate for incoming calls, its one or the other.

As this is the actual programming and not the phone I can only guess that Samsung is run by morons who never actually use a phone and just look at them and go "ooh isn't it pretty"