so what are your hobbies

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
mjd

so what are your hobbies

Post by mjd »

Really bored at the moment, worked approx 22 hours in the last 2 days, mostly gorping at screens all day.
But right now, im sat here and cant think of ANYTHING to do without staring at screens.

Any thoughts anyone? What do you get upto outside the world of Work / Gambling / Computing.........

I really need to try some new things..

As for now, completely knackered. Couple of Beers for me will provide a total Mike Tyson esque KO to 'slightly awake' state
boom
Scott

Post by Scott »

always enjoyed a good game of snooker or pool.
Cobwebs 👆
admin

Post by admin »

snooker and pool here to and,

When I get the time, I quite enjoy flying my model helicopter

This video isnt of my flying, but its the same 'copter ive got. The only thing is that when you crash it, it can cost a couple of hundred quid in parts to fix it, so mine spends quite a lot of time gathering dust.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2VFsRfr6TLU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2VFsRfr6TLU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh, nice one! ;)

I like composing music, ten-pin bowling (winning the league for the 4th season in a row!) making my games (but that involves staring at screens!) Also like writing and reading - would love to finish a novel, or even a novella one day... :)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
rocket

Post by rocket »

I'm a drummer, so love drumming and particularly getting together with my band or other musicians and practicing or jamming together.

I do lighting as well - I own a lighting rig that I hire out to bands and artists that are doing gigs in pubs, clubs etc. Means that my work involves sitting in a pub with a pint and listening to live music, and getting paid for the privelege!! 8) :lol: If you go to http://www.arena-lighting.co.uk you can see my rig being used for a band I do a lot of work for.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Pool, Poker, Football (in summer)
justice For The 96
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

pro evo.

Failing that, snooker, pool, poker, footy, etc etc...
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Play league snooker and pool (managed to finish a very decent 6th in the pool rankings this season! http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andy.green ... s_div1.pdf)

Other than that, any other sports....tennis, cricket, football, golf. Still like the student life of going out weekdays and drinking the night away til 3am. Travelling about interests me too.

I'm also a drummer and like bashing me electric drum kit about when no-one else is home :wink:
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
itsme

Post by itsme »

im a keen race goer - good days out.
i like go karting - what a laugh this is - try it !!
dj-ing - if im not out gigging at the weekend i like to mix up a few bootleg tracks.

and then the usual lad stuff,
beer
footy
ale
birds
lager
:D
life is like a big shit sandwich - every day we take a bigger bite
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Music and Liverpool FC the two biggest things in my life, Hardhouse
justice For The 96
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

Blimey we are such a musical bunch, i play guitar and record my own stuff. Also play golf, CSS, xbox360, and enjoy the odd beer or two :P
Hangmanfan

Post by Hangmanfan »

The gym beats the beer for me :) also ten-pin bowling and 9-ball are good for filling time. Currently going through a phase of making my own smoothies! Mango lassi in particular was very nice, and far better than any supermarket offering.

Here is that mango lassi......

rocket

Post by rocket »

Mattb wrote:Play league snooker and pool (managed to finish a very decent 6th in the pool rankings this season! http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andy.green ... s_div1.pdf)

Other than that, any other sports....tennis, cricket, football, golf. Still like the student life of going out weekdays and drinking the night away til 3am. Travelling about interests me too.

I'm also a drummer and like bashing me electric drum kit about when no-one else is home :wink:
Cool - but isnt the idea of an e-kit that you put headphonesin / turn it down and bash it when people ARE at home?!

What kind of kit is it mate?
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

It's a Yamaha DD-55. Not anything special at all.....the hi hat and snare are the wrong way round. I guess its helped a bit, i've played a fair bit of left handed hi hat to improve my strength on that side. It's cack with headphones in, so i just try and play when i'm here on my own 8)
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

If I can just nudge in here and post details of my music tech 'kit':

Roland JV1080
Korg X5D
Redsound Darkstar
EMU ESI2000 Sampler
Novation Supernova II (Silver Edition)

And tonnes of soft synths...

...And with all that, have I ever produced a mix that I'm 100% pleased with?

Have I fu......!

Although to be fair, I've produced a lot of stuff that other people really like! But if I'm not happy with it, it ends up in the bin... :(

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."