calling it a day , , , well sort of

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

they are quicker on the race card draw than any black thats for sure.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Roll_With_It_Russ wrote:they are quicker on the race card draw than any black thats for sure.

Seconded.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

I feel that by dishing out my disdain without meeting any of you, I can be seen as free from prejudice.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Will you made a coment about me escaping my pond blah blah then being in an arcade doing so and so with my missus and kids, I don't know if you know I have got kids, and I play fruits to suport them and to try to keep them as far from that life as posible. I'd do anything for them if it means 18 hour daus then that's what I'll do. You might have a better education and life than me but your not a better person, you up your on arse. Maybe you escaped your pond, your life must be shit to be on fruit chat everyday talking down to people. If you was from where I'm from, had a normal education, your mum and dad not being able to suport a private school. Where would you be in life?
BFK

Post by BFK »

Silver Slipper?
JG

Post by JG »

Nah Circus, Circus this time last year.
JG
BFK

Post by BFK »

Jackpot Roulettes in the mint for an age.

I'll swap that for ur machine X?
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

thecannonball89 wrote:Will you made a coment about me escaping my pond blah blah then being in an arcade doing so and so with my missus and kids, I don't know if you know I have got kids, and I play fruits to suport them and to try to keep them as far from that life as posible. I'd do anything for them if it means 18 hour daus then that's what I'll do. You might have a better education and life than me but your not a better person, you up your on arse. Maybe you escaped your pond, your life must be shit to be on fruit chat everyday talking down to people. If you was from where I'm from, had a normal education, your mum and dad not being able to suport a private school. Where would you be in life?
Well you actually make some good points here. I should just point out that I never received a private education, I'm not quite sure what has made you jump to that conclusion. I might also point out that I left home at 16, because my parents were disgusted that I wasn't interested in pursuing my education further, despite being so bright (my results in exams were speaking for themselves, I'm not unnecessarily blowing my own trumpet here).

And this is what it comes down to, choice and consequence. I've made some selfish decisions with my life, and caused my parents a fair amount of embarrassment with my decision to pursue this lifestyle. But I like to think I do it with some style and grace. Only a few weeks ago you admitted to not even having enough money to scrape together a float, having kids is a life time commitment, and that's why I do not have any. What were you thinking when you decided to inseminate your Waynetta? You obviously weren't thinking 5 years ahead, let alone 18. Loving your children and being willing to do anything for them maybe puts you a cut above some parents, believe me I've witnessed some bad parenting; however, a career or at least a job with a steady income, and one where you would be in the house to spend time with them would be good as well. This is very harsh, but you are probably denying them precisely because of your choice of career.

As for me being on here to slag people off: well yes, I quite enjoy shooting down those that pop their heads above the battlements. I wouldn't read too much into it though, and if you want to be left to your humble self, just stop scratching your name on stuff.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

'What were you thinking when you decided to inseminate your Waynetta?'

Will,i find that comment particularly offensive in an otherwise trademark articulate post, it gives off quite a pungent 'looking down your nose' kind of aroma.

edit, you also make the mistake of assuming that jack's kids were planned, please don't make the mistake of assuming that if they weren't that it was down to contraceptual negligence either, i myself had 2 out three kids despite efforts to avoid conception.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Facial?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

Lol
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

are we near the womb yet ?

nah mate , we've only just past the tonsils lol

and rich your right , i jumped the gun too quick and over reacted ,

but hey , we all have bugbears that make us bite

anyhow , , erm politics next , , , , yadda yadda yadda
Little discipline = BIG issue

Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Hmm. You clearly were not making enough of an effort then. Abstinence being the ultimate commitment.

Yes, sorry if it came across a little pompous. I guess the cusp of my argument is that 18 hour days are not congruent with good parenting; and that gifted with consciousness, we have an ability to foresee the consequences (or possible consequences) of our actions. However, he didn't ask me for parenting advice, much as I didn't ask him to comment on my education.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

you make a reasonable point will

thing is , its very difficult to know what life is gonna deal you ,,,,,,,,

even a hard working family man in full time employment , could be made redundant etc ,,,, unforseen

your honestly not implying we should all become financially secure millionaire's before conceiving are you ?
Little discipline = BIG issue

Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

No. But I don't think it's unfair to suggest that those to have children in their early twenties, or even before, probably haven't the foggiest the sort of commitment they're making. Or should be making at least. And saying that you can't plan for these things is nonsense really. The large council estate family is a stereotype for a reason, in the same way that the Muslim ghetto mentioned early. Now you are all right for saying that I shouldn't assume that Jacks partner is a career baby-machine, but if you look at the way the benefits system is setup in this country, and pay a visit to any run do social housing project - it's easy to see how these ideas are popularised.

Young professionals, women who want a career, who have aspirations beyond motherhood but not exclusive from it: they mostly manage to avoid getting up the stick. I will be bold and suggest that the financial security that accompanies motherhood, possibly combined with the boredom of knowing your life is probably heading nowhere, is encouraging young couples to start a family early. The chances of getting your partner pregnant whilst wearing a condom, and her being on the pill is very very very small. Hell, she can even cram a Dutch Cap up her Clown-Hole if you're packing extra potency.