Warnock Sacked!!!!

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
mjd

Warnock Sacked!!!!

Post by mjd »

Wow, Im staggered.. What do you have to do as a manager??

unreal..
boom
Scott

Post by Scott »

Too many chairman press the panic button too early i think, they had a good start under Warnock, and he obviously got them up, but 6 losses and 2 draws gets you sacked. I still think Sven should have been given longer at Leicester, now Pearson has come in and has'nt had a great start, how many games will he get before he gets the bullet? You can't wave a magic wand, managers need time!

I've never liked Warnock as a person, he used to love having a pop at us when he was at Palace, but still unfair.
Cobwebs 👆
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Next Leeds manager if Grayson goes?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Master of The Game

Post by Master of The Game »

Excuse me, QPR are hardly in form! They are loaded with cash and want to stay up, obviously. Clearly the man's doing something wrong. Fun to watch his interviews and seems a heart-on-his-sleeve type bloke but where does that get you as a manager?
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Master of The Game wrote:Excuse me, QPR are hardly in form! They are loaded with cash and want to stay up, obviously. Clearly the man's doing something wrong. Fun to watch his interviews and seems a heart-on-his-sleeve type bloke but where does that get you as a manager?
Sacked

Post by 999329753 »

Warnock next ipswich manager I reckon. Wouldn't surprise me if jewell ended up at qpr.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

They can't lose can they? Managers that is, only job where you get sacked for being shit get all your wages for term signed and then walk straight into another job! Madness
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Agree with Betch there and Benitez going to Inter springs to mind immediately.

I reckon its unfair on Warnock but these damn foreign owners want immediate success from mediocre teams. As for being in poor form thats true but you have to take into account who they have played recently and of their next six matches, I'd say 4 are very winnable. Whoever replaces them will look fantastic if they win 4 of their first 6 games, then reality will set in because if they don't go down this season they will next season for sure.

Lets see if this is the catalyst for the Venkyboys too.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

If QPR go down then you would have thought Warnock would be the right man to get them back up again. He already did it once. Good manager but he said a few stupid things lately and that may have contributed to his downfall.

Wouldn't surprise me Steve if he replaced Jewell at Portman Road!
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

ma71lda wrote:Agree with Betch there and Benitez going to Inter springs to mind immediately.

I reckon its unfair on Warnock but these damn foreign owners want immediate success from mediocre teams. As for being in poor form thats true but you have to take into account who they have played recently and of their next six matches, I'd say 4 are very winnable. Whoever replaces them will look fantastic if they win 4 of their first 6 games, then reality will set in because if they don't go down this season they will next season for sure.

Lets see if this is the catalyst for the Venkyboys too.
Best example would be Juande Ramos, rightly sacked by spurs with 2 points from 8 pl games, and promptly takes the reins at..... Real Madrid!!

:shock:
BFK

Post by BFK »

I'd rather see MOG and Kesh as a double act at Portman Road with JG as the director of football than that Scouse **** that's doing his best to ruin the club. Keane was better.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

bring back george burley!!!!!
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I don't understand Mark Hughes.

He had (by his own admission) everything set-up as he wanted at Fulham yet he quits in silence, vanishes from football altogether and then re-emerges as QPR manager with half a season to save them from the drop.

Strange man.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
BFK

Post by BFK »

Well the rumour was he quit for the villa job, but was prevented from signing for them until his contract 'time' at fulham was officially over. Must of been in his contract at the time that unless he was sacked or it was a mutual decision that he weren't allowed to work elsewhere until his contract had expired.
Master of The Game

Post by Master of The Game »

Hughes is a mug taking that job. He can't win whatever happens. The club is rich but the owners are tighter than my ass on a freezing cold day.

That club will never go anywhere and he will be on a list of long suffering managers who try in vain to achieve the impossible.

O Neill has done the same taking that job in the Stadium of Shite.

2 good managers who ended up with crap jobs because they were unfairly treated when they had better ones. I think we can safely say Villa manager is a better job than Sunderland one - far better history behind them.

Then again, O Neill has to prove himself to all of us - winning titles in Scotland with Celtic is pretty much a flipping of a coin every year. I'd get them to win a few titles and I'm sure a lot of you could too!