Suarez

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
BFK

Suarez

Post by BFK »

No place for racism in our beautiful game.

Coot got off lightly.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

First time I'll ever agree with you, you Liverpool hating swine!!! :wink:

£40k is loose change and 8 match ban will keep him out 'til late Feb/early March. Not much of a punishment.

If it was one of us we'd be banged up. An example would have been made.

Evra is scum though, not quite in the same league as G Neville, but a gobshite never-the-less.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

it is a nasty cheat. it moans. it will appeal. it is so horrible to watch. as for the racism allegations (charge) he is on very shaky ground.

not a gentleman.
nobody ever wins on those things.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Suarez was just asked how he felt about his 8 match ban. “could be worse" he said “I could be fuckin black" he added
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Don't want to be the only dissenter, but while I detest racism, it seems odd that you get an 8 match ban for calling someone an offensive name, but if you deliberately try and injure another professional (and ruin their career) you will often get away with a much shorter ban.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Agreed, it's political correctness gone mad!!

Everybody says things in the heat of the moment, I'm not excusing Suarez(I hate the diving coot), I'm guessing he called evra a black something or other which is of course offensive and deserves punishment, but is it any worse than other actions and language that go on in thousands of games every week? I doubt evra was being polite either!!!

Think of Roy Keane on Haaland, he deliberately tried to end his career and got off much lighter.

I'm sure Liverpool won't be standing by him when they see the transcript of what Suarez has admitted to the fa that he said to evra. If he'd have denied it there would not be enough evidence.

Apparently the type of language and dialect he used is common place in south America. Shame he's not playing there then.

Looks like that top 10 finish Liverpool had their eyes on might just be out of reach now their top boy is fucked for a few months!! Oh it's ok, that thug Gerard who should be in jail must be back soon!! Maybe 8th place then, or the dizzy heights of 7th like the last 2 seasons!!
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Why did the FA deal with Suarez but terrys been charged by the cps? Is it a case of not enough evidence in the eyes of the law to charge suarez with an offence?

Will Terry still be disciplined by the FA?
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Here's another thought.

Calling someone a "black bastard" is ostensibly illegal. But calling someone an ugly, stupid, fat or specky bastard isn't - and in some circumstances - it's perceived to be funny. Why is that?

Of course, black people have historically been on the receiving end of some horrific treatment and anti-racism legislation has been brought in as a result.

I saw a QI where they pointed out that the biggest discrimination currently in the workplace isn't against race or even gender, it's against height. Taller people are far more likely to be found of positions of power and responsibility yet nobody ever raises an eyebrow about it.
skinner

Post by skinner »

Anyone ever watched the film Blazing saddles? they didnt worry about the racist language in that,quality film too!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

skinner wrote:Anyone ever watched the film Blazing saddles? they didnt worry about the racist language in that,quality film too!
I'd say it's more a piss Tek of rednecks than blacks
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
BFK

Post by BFK »

feeder22 wrote:Why did the FA deal with Suarez but terrys been charged by the cps? Is it a case of not enough evidence in the eyes of the law to charge suarez with an offence?

Will Terry still be disciplined by the FA?
I think it's because a member of the crowd reported it to the old bill with terry. Where as evra went to the fa.
Master of The Game

Post by Master of The Game »

Foreigners abusing foreigners, fucking foreigners!
tommya

Post by tommya »

Oh dear he's been done again and I heard that he bit someone's ear once dirty fucker
mjd

Post by mjd »

Remember Mike Tyson did that :lol:
boom
Master of The Game

Re: Suarez

Post by Master of The Game »

BFK wrote:No place for racism in our beautiful game.

Coot got off lightly.
Funny you should say that, Silent Gimp made a racist comment the other day about me but since he is a Gimp piece of trash it doesn't surprise me.