Spoons Curry Club

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

i have to say though the last steak i had in a spoons was quite nice
Jack bauer
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

yeah ,,,,,,,,, the steaks are propper nice
Little discipline = BIG issue

Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

I had a veggie curry and a drink in Wimbledon 'Spoons in the summer.

Utter filth. Rotten to the core.

The curry had it's own pond, the rice looked like mummified ants eggs and the naan bread looked like the "chef" had wiped his arse on it.

I got my money back.
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

trayhop123 wrote:snotty egg
f*** sake
:roll:
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

the pie they have is amazing!! and so is the jacket potatoes !! steaks should only be eaten blue/rare!! wethers cant cook them like that, so steak house is best!!! £20+ for a decent fillet
justice For The 96
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

Whilst a wetherspoons steak may be filling for the money it costs, it is nowhere near what a good quality and cooked correctly steak is or ought to be.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

Gaucho. Manchester, London and wherever else they have opened since I started visiting. Back in London in a fortnight, already booked for early evening.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

Gaucho's are good. The Green Door steakhouses are good too. I frequent the one at Gloucester Road a fair bit :)

King's Road down from Sloane Square has "The Big Easy" that does American style barbeque and big steaks (but difficult to get a table on the weekend).

I didn't rate Marco Pierre White's steakhouse on King's Road too much - think it's called "Steakhouse & Grill".

Fulham Road has Sophie's Steakhouse Bar - well worth a visit.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

spoons used to use 'zebu' for steaks, google for a picture?
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Im strictly off all hot foods for a while, due to a pub stitch up a few weeks back, try this i was told, its the chefs new curry powder that he has made himself, lovely i thought, got a nice scoop on my finger, not bad i thought, then i got the oh so familiar bitter taste at the back of my throat, shit, this is getting as bit warm, and it got hotter and hotter and hotter until i felt like i had been smacked on the tongue with a hammer, mouth on fire, what they had failed to tell me was that it was in fact chilli powder, made from the naga chilli, which was rated as the worlds hottest chilli not so long ago, just to quantify its intensity, its over 400 times hotter than tobasco sauce, so, pretty fucking hot!!
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol: