desperately sad

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Istenem

desperately sad

Post by Istenem »

i saw a geeky yank kid wearing this Tshirt earlier.
what sort of parent would dress their brats up in something as sad as this?
nobody ever wins on those things.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Who are they trying to impress? The only people who are going to get that joke are losers like themselves.

Guess that includes me then! :x

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Probably the same type of person that would create a WU belt. :wink:

I was at T in the Park a few years ago and saw what was the funniest T-shirt ever.

On the front, it said "Hitler. Tour of Europe. 1939-1945". On the reverse, it gave Poland, Holland, and all the other countries he invaded, as well as the dates. Hilarious, although slightly risqué. I searched for it on the internet, but the only place I could find to buy it was a neo-nazi site in America, so I swiftly gave up on that idea.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Ahh, the near the knuckle t shirts! :D

Theres a site called T Shirt Hell sir. It has all kinds of risqué t-shirts like that on it, maybe its on there?

It had a good one of the USA school shooting tour with all the dates. Not something that should be funny, but i found it amusing! 8)

Matt
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Cheers Matt. I tried those sorts of places, but I've probably moved on from wearing that sort of T-shirt.

At the moment, I'm wearing a t-shirt that says "Abortions tickle"
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Excellent, just about in good taste.

I'm afraid the most risque t-shirt i've ever had was a 'Jesus Saves' one, with him in goal saving a football. Nice and blasphemous (to an extent). Must change that! :D

Another good one is the I'll be des t shirt (designated driver) that was available from the fuzz. Go out in those and get hammered.....lots of nice looks from barstaff! :wink:

Matt
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Try wearing one that says "Allah is a ****" in Bradford, Oldham, Slough, Hounslow or Leicester.

Abortion or Hitler isn't funny. You deserve a good kicking if you wear something like that.
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Mattb wrote:Excellent, just about in good taste.

I'm afraid the most risque t-shirt i've ever had was a 'Jesus Saves' one, with him in goal saving a football. Nice and blasphemous (to an extent). Must change that! :D

Another good one is the I'll be des t shirt (designated driver) that was available from the fuzz. Go out in those and get hammered.....lots of nice looks from barstaff! :wink:

Matt
i've seen that one, have you also seen the Jesus Ikea one where he's holding up ikea instructions for a cross?

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn ... s_ikea.jpg
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Oh dear, sense of humour failure i think! :x

Matt
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Mattb wrote:Oh dear, sense of humour failure i think! :x

Matt
no mate i wouldnt say that, these t-shirts are meant to either

a, make you laugh or
b, offend

some people may be offended, for example if you were jewish and your family were killed by the nazi's you wouldnt see the funny side of a hilter based t-shirt on some oik. And teh fact that the t-shirt was only available at a neo nazi website says quite a bit.

just like if someone was to were a t-shirt saying something like "machine players are the pond life of the gambling world" i'd be offended, well maybe not but you get what im trying to say?

IMO all those t-shirts are made to get a reaction and if your not prepared to get a beating, handshake or be laughed at you shouldnt consider wearing them
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I wouldn't be offended at all. 8)

I don't really get offended by anything, so i guess i'm slighlty different to most people. I've got a really long temper fuse as well, it takes so much for me to snap at someone, i can't even remember the last time i did.

I can obviously see some people get offended by these, and rightly so. I'm just not one of them.

Matt
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Obviously I don't wear T-shirts like that, but at what point do you say something isn't acceptable?

If Hitler and abortions are not acceptable, what about Christianity or drink driving? They could be just as easily offensive.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

if i see somebody wearing a sensationalist Tshirt i pity them for being so insecure as to want to provoke a reaction. unless it is witty.
as for whether or not something is offensive that is one man's meat. on the grounds of taste you can work out if people are likely to be offended. i once wrote something satirical about pigeons and even that got an irate letter standing up for "beautiful intelligent creatures"

as for bad swears there is really no need, it is the beacon of a feeble intellect.

anyway here's another mathematical gag: who cares about words? it's number that count.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

MattB - Very similar to me. I'll find the funny side in pretty much everything!

There was an interesting discussion on Radio 5 last night about comedy and whether all subjects should be 'free to use' in comedy (stand up, mainly!). This American comedian made 'Jewish' jokes. He said that he felt he could, as to him, all Jews would make a point of saying they were Jewish in almost every sentence they uttered, and this 'opened them up' as a comedy source.

I realise some people are offended by all manner of different things, but I don't think that should stop me seeing a funny side to it - I think the basis of most comedy is the misfortune of others?

I think some people (not necessarily their fault of course!) read too much into a quick witticism or sly comment, that are usually just said to encourage a chuckle, not to deeply offend.

Look at my all time favorite comedies:

Only Fools and Horses
Fawlty Towers
'Til Death Do Us Part

Note that they're all british comedies, but each one of those touches some (potentially) risque' subjects that 'could' offend many people. It didn't stop them becoming brilliant comedies. I could print some of the lines in particular that I'm thinking of if examples are required.

Having said all that, it 'is' a dodgy area, as you can quickly become 'shoeboxed' into a stereotypical (insert -ist phrase here) by others.

As for dodgy tee-shirts, I really don't think anything serious should be read into them...

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

A good post Matt V. Very similar tack to myself. 8)

Don't mention the war! :wink: Right, the game's up.....bit of game pie, stuck up there. Class!

Matt