temporarily grounded

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
trayhop123

temporarily grounded

Post by trayhop123 »

not only was my mrs ill for a week ,,,,,,,,,,,,, preventing me from earning , other than a cpl of local hits ,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,, but saturday night ,,,,,,,,,, at the flat ,,,,,, we had a bit of a get-together ,,,,,,,,,,,, a few of us were upstairs playing singstar ,,,,,,,, when down in the kitchen a visitor picked up one of my dogs (krypto-chihuahua) in a totally innocent '' aaarhh isnt that a loverly dog'' style ,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,, krypto thinking ''whose this strange person? '' scrambled from her grip ,,,,, and lept/fell to the floor ,,,,,,,,,, resulting in a broken leg ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, pure out n out accident , could have happened to anyone , nobody to blame.

so rushed her to an out of hours emergency vets ,,,,,,,,

xray , bandage n temporary splint , painkiller injection £350

with a follow up operation for over a grand ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, metal plates n pins

we're in the wrong game ,,,,,,,,, these vets have a licence to print money.

krypto is now out of surgery and on a towel on my bed ,,,, bandaged up etc ,,,,,, on steroids n painkillers etc ,,,,,,,,, cant walk obviously ,,,,,,, and so requires 24 hour care. trips to outpatients follow up visits etc

now the trouble is unlike a cpl of the other dogs , krypto is all me ,,,,, proper daddies little girl ...... follows me round everywhere etc ,,,,,,,,,if i nip to the shop , she hears the gate and attempts to jump up and scramble from tracy ,,,,,,, and could cause herself further injury ,,, so now im grounded for x amount of time .

just 20 mins ago ,,,,,, i was on the playstation in my chair with krypto on my lap on a pillow ,,,,,, when she just pissed all over me lol ,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,

so the next cpl of weeks or so will be spent at home ,,,,,,, not earning anything .

a few months ago i was arguing my point on here about it being stupid to not try to save a little of your fruit earnings back for lifes little unexpected trials . ......... hmmm ,,,,,, i may be out the game for 2-3 weeks ,,,,,,, but i'll be ok ,,,,,,,,,,, would you be ???
Little discipline = BIG issue

anfield road

Post by anfield road »

bit of a daft name for a dog that?
justice For The 96
harry2

Post by harry2 »

My work colleague is called Khalel !!!
Roulette free since December 2011.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

i know a vet, and on bank holidays, they charge triple money...

they have no extra costs, and nothing extra at all to pay in any way,

she openly admits it is just a money spinner, and laughs about bank holidays being their busyest days...

they did £25,000 on a bank holiday a few months ago, meaning 2/3 of that was just "extra" cash.. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ABOUT??? lol

definitely should have gone down that avenue of employment...
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

is your other dog called mega? :D
i got more routes than loreal
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

You say you dont claim any money lee so contact PDSA! They help with all vet bills for a "donation"!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
BFK

Post by BFK »

I probably wouldn't be lee, cos I piss my money away and am stupid.

However not that stupid, my german shep has insurance for such things for a meagre £7.99 a month.

As for not leaving the house, fuck that, she'd have to stay somewhere while i was out.

Mind u, ur situation wouldn't have happened 2 me, as anybody attempting to pick up a german shepherd would have to be fucking mental!!!
ruthl3ss

Post by ruthl3ss »

Get the cunt who dropped it to pay,blud
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

You have to be mental to pick up a Chihuahua - nouty little blighters!!!

I'm surprised somebody as level headed and sensible as yourself doesn't have insurance to be honest.....and don't let pissed up oafs pick ya dog up anymore!!! :P :wink:
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

pet insurance is very scammy sometimes. For example, I have two cats and one of them pissed blood in the litter tray. I didn't know which one it was, and they both seemed comfortable, so I just waited and observed them.

About a day later I found out which cat was passing blood, and took her to the vets, who asked when I first noticed something was wrong, which I answered truthfully. The insurance forms were filled out, and I thought no more of it. The bill was £300 for the Sunday consultation and injections etc.

My insurance (sainsburys pet) phoned to say they wouldn't pay the claim as I didn't bring the cat in immediately when I noticed the blood in the litter tray first time.

My arguments about how I don't have a home DNA analysis kit and have two cats didn't sway them - they just hid behind the terms & conditions that say you have to bring the animal to the vet as soon as you know something is wrong.

What a scam if you have two pets ! How the hell could I know which one it was that was ill if the only symptoms were visual in the litter tray ? If I brought both of them in, i'd get charged twice by the vet and have to pay the same amount anyways :-(

The whole episode left me wondering why I bother paying for pet insurance, but I suppose it's good for the big things that might go wrong like breaks etc.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

something like this ,,,,,,, is a very rare occurrence ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, didn't think about insurance before , thinking £20 a month would be a loss in the long run ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hmmm ,,,,, plus as blackmogu has just stated ,,,,,,,, when it comes down to claiming , some policies arnt worth the paper their printed on............... so im still obviously a little hesitant about signing up for one.

as for the pdsa ,,,,,,,,,,,, signing on jsa isn't enough for membership ,,,,,,,,,,,, you HAVE to be claiming either council tax benefit or housing benefit .

pretty bad for those people signing on jsa and living with parents for example because ,,,,, your fucked.

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

quick update ,,,,,,,,, for anyone interested .

the metal plate operation , has sadly been a complete failure , ,,,,,,,, the leg hasn't healed how the vets had hoped , ,,,,,,,,,,, so unfortunately the decision was made to amputate .

more cost
more pain and anguish for krypto

4-5 days on ,,,,,,,,, she seems to be doing well ,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe a little too well , we are having to pull the reigns in so to speak , as she wants to be lively and play with the others. as obviously she has no concept of the recovery time needed .

its been a horrible few weeks

Scott

Post by Scott »

I feel for you mate, dogs certainly are one of the family, we've lost a few in our time and its heart breaking, here's to speedy revovery!
Cobwebs 👆
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

My king charles cavalier had a small op yesterday, he's doing ok, just feeling sorry for himself really. Vet bill wasn't cheap, but pets bring immense joy to people, so its no cost really.

Because I wasn't the one who paid the bill in the end....

Its a testament to animals, and humans that loss of a limb doesn't interfere with zest for life. A women near me had a border terrier with a front leg missing, but I honestly didn't even notice until i'd seen the dog several times. Hope your dog continues her recovery.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

thanks everyone