The Fight

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
BFK

The Fight

Post by BFK »

THE most pathetic thing I have ever seen.

Helen Keller or Stevie Wonder would have done more. One punch landed?

What a pathetic excuse for a box office event.

The poor cunts that paid to see it.

Thank god Stoke V Liverpool provided much entertainment.

I'm ringing Sky. I want my money back.

I'd rather watch paint dry.

CUNTS.
Scott

Post by Scott »

A man against a boy, but thats what we knew already, i stayed out to watch it despite having a terrible hangover, should'nt have bothered.
Cobwebs 👆
BFK

Post by BFK »

Big Daddy V Giant Haystacks in an openly scripted fight, both wearing thongs using pillows as weapons would have been more of a spectacle.

How the fuck did that clown warrant an attempt at a title shot? My mothers mother who sadly passed away 2 years ago could have contributed more.

All that hype and bollox. Worse than Englands world cup attempt.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Is it here here or hear hear? Anyways I paid for this shit and what a crock of shit! Did enjoy haye saying he took it to the 3rd because him family and friends had money on it finishing in that round
2 down for the melons

Post by 2 down for the melons »

Just got back from watching it over mates house..crap fight, harrison was terrible, i feel let down, and i didnt even pay for it!! :lol:
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Walking home now! Little cousin skinner went to it the poor sod! Dont grief him as i already have!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Pathetic, waste of £15. He must have so many regrets this morning, although I'm sure the >£1m cheque will soothe that...

What with that and jay bothroyd getting called up for England, what a cracking day for English sport!
Bored of the grind.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I was going to buy it, but didn't get around to it - listened to it on the radio and am so glad I didn't shell out for it! Would've been fuming!

Reminded me of this:

"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Why pay for it? Hundreds of places to watch it online for free ...

.. even if it did prove to be a big letdown!
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

Mean while on ESPN UFC 121 delivered 10 competitive fight, some went the distance, some submissions and some KOs.
I know what I'd rather watch.
Card after card matches the best fighters against each other.
The best in the world defend their belts 3 times a year against credible opponents.
From January the WEC merger will also see feather and bantam weights added to the roster which means more talent, more title defences and more cards a year.

Haye has hinted at moving to MMA one day and does cross train.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Mma is boring imo. just 2 blokes rolling around on the floor.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

Clearly too complicated for you then. :wink:

The range of striking makes KOs / TKOs far more common than in boxing, while at the same time doing less long term damage to the fighters.
The upright grappling or "dirty boxing" is a big part of the game and something often lost on the layman.
The takedowns and ground work are very technical and take time to learn from a spectators point of view. Certainly requires a bit more work to learn about if you've never trained because any average Joe can understand one bloke hitting another bloke with 16oz pillows on their hands, but the subtlety of improving ground position to isolate particular joints or choke positions can be a harder thing to grasp.

If you like fighting, it's worth putting the effort in learning a bit about MMA because it's far from boring.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

It is a bit like cock fighting or dog fighting though, but up a level.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Boxing is a load of bollocks, honestly I can't stand it. The money they earn for a fight is utterly obscene, and makes footballers wages look basic. I was rather hoping they'd both knock each other out at the same time. All the trash talking etc that goes on before a fight is fucking pathetic, and the whole sport is the preserve of the mentally challenged.

In my opinion.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

harry2 wrote:It is a bit like cock fighting or dog fighting though, but up a level.
(maybe I'm being trolled here, but...)

That's a bit of a tired old cliche.

Mixed Martial Artists are highly skilled athletes. I am building a complete UFC DVD collection and have the first 50 events which I've been able to watch in order in a short period of time. The evolution of the MMA fighter from the "human cockfighting" in 1993 to the honed combat athletes today is obvious.

It's safer than boxing, more entertaining, more skillful and it's swallowing all the best young fighting talent up.