COOOOMMMEE ON YOOUUUU HAMMEEERSSS

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Fader

Post by Fader »

no mate liverpool knew what they were doing, they closed him down instantly -
Chance favours the prepared mind!
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Fader wrote:no mate liverpool knew what they were doing, they closed him down instantly -
Scaloni spoke to hamman and pointed where he wanted the ball. Hamman did as was requested and threw it there. I saw it with my own eyes.

Scaloni messed up the clearance and that was the reason Gerrard got the ball, not bad sportsmanship at all, anything but in fact.
Fader

Post by Fader »

he kiked the ball out in the dying moments when cisse "the diver" "suprisingly" DIVED then unsportingly liverpool players surronded scaloni when he vollied it away then gerrard just hit it..

scaloni could not of left that to go out for a goal kick, because it wasnt hard enough - which is what liverpool wanted... liverpool were a 1 man team, without him they wouldnt of had a chance
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Fader wrote:he kiked the ball out in the dying moments when cisse "the diver" "suprisingly" DIVED then unsportingly liverpool players surronded scaloni when he vollied it away then gerrard just hit it..

scaloni could not of left that to go out for a goal kick, because it wasnt hard enough - which is what liverpool wanted... liverpool were a 1 man team, without him they wouldnt of had a chance
lol

Scaloni ASKED for the ball to be put where he pointed. Blame Scaloni he was the one that asked for it then messed up his clearance. Like i said i was about 10ft away watching in glee.

Without Sissoko Gerrard wouldnt have been able to get forward, without Reina you wouldnt have been 2-0 up and he wouldnt have saved 3 pens so i fail to see how we're a one man team, Its just if you have a player thats head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch, and arguably most of the world at the moment IMO he will stick out.

No team derserved to lose but your goals were gifts. WHU have a great set of fans though, very magnamous in defeat, a good to have a few jars with.
Fader

Post by Fader »

i aint bitter, im just pointing out things, and every west ham fan points to that bit of unsportsmanship - even the liverpool players are saying thats what they did mate sorry..

gerrard is the best in the world at the moment i think at what he does, but who this season has cut open liverpools defense the way we did saturday?? nobody, not even chelsea
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Fader wrote: gerrard is the best in the world at the moment i think at what he does, but who this season has cut open liverpools defense the way we did saturday?? nobody, not even chelsea
true, i'm not trying to take anything away from WH but our defense wasnt at full speed and there were alot of errors, forced and unforced. thing is WHU had nothing to lose they were the underdog and they gave it to liverpool.

Im not saying your bitter mate, never ment to insinuate that but i saw what i saw, Scaloni asking for the ball to be played where it was and i didnt see one WH player complain about it, the only time i've heard anyone mention it was on 606 call-in on the way home.

Like i said WHU fans really impressed me and i enjoyed a few beers with them in Yates and Spoons before and after the match. Great team, great fans, amazing day.
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Scaloni messed the clearance to give Liverpool the chance, i don't know about the closing him down bit but i'd like to hear what the players have to say on it.

Reina was quality in the shootout, the pen from Zamora was not a bad pen at all it was just a top quality save. Konchesky was unlucky pens down the middle can go either way.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

pens down the middle can go either way.
Sounds a bit impossible that! :)

Get yer drift though... Keepers' mainly stretch far to the left or right, and rarely fall in the middle. Always a gamble...

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Matt Vinyl wrote: Sounds a bit impossible that! :)

:)
Just realised what i said :D Personally in such an important shootout i would not hit one down the middle because if the keeper doesn't move you look a fool. Liverpool also hit one down the middle and scored....
Fader

Post by Fader »

scaloni probably said kick it out for a goal kick mate, sheringham went mad at him for kicking the ball out, and carragher and gerrard have both said it wasnt the right thing to do really, but they didnt want us to waste time - dont get me wrong we probably would of done the same thing :wink:

reina was the difference really in the pens, gerrard said what every west ham fan knew really, that they wanted to get to pens cause its the only way they would of won after the end of normal time due to their tiredness.

i cant fault koncheskys pen as he scored the goal, but zamora's i thought was poor due to its absolute blatant-ness of the shot, it was obvious what way he was going
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Fader wrote:scaloni probably said kick it out for a goal kick mate, sheringham went mad at him for kicking the ball out, and carragher and gerrard have both said it wasnt the right thing to do really, but they didnt want us to waste time - dont get me wrong we probably would of done the same thing :wink:
Seriously mate i watched him point to the floor by his feet, Hamman threw the ball exactly where he pointed, basically did as he was told. Scaloni messed up big time whether it was the porr decision where to have the ball thrown or his clearance. He was at fault no-one else.

have you got a link re: Gerrard and Carra comments?
Fader

Post by Fader »

i'll have a look for ya
Fader

Post by Fader »

cant find it at the moment :roll:

when i find it, ill post it mate
spa

Post by spa »

It was WHUs for the taking, that miss at the end!

Tip my hat to WH, they really have had the best season out of all the prem teams if you ask me.

I had a £5er on Liverpool btw.
Fader

Post by Fader »

what you get back? £5.05?

marlon couldnt even move he's leg