weight loss?

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
greenbelter

weight loss?

Post by greenbelter »

I wiegh spot on 14st but can't for the life of me shift it. Don't put on weight don't lose it. Going gym 3 times a week too.

Anyone got any good weight loss solutions in time for my holiday.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Some of the pipecleaners on here will call you a fat bastard, unless you give us your height and waistsize.

I'll put myself in the firing line ahead of you. I'm 6 foot, normally I have a 34 inch waist and I'd normally weigh 17 stone give or take a few pounds. At the moment (out of work, back injury, slow metabolism and pregnant girlfriend handicaps :wink: ) I'm a 40 inch waist and I am 21 stone. Either way people will always call me a fat git because of my weight and even at my slimmest there is nothing I can do about it.

BRING ON THE FAT CHANTS!!!!

Here's a couple of tips for you greenbelter -

1) Maybe you can't lose weight but you can get 'ripped', try drinking a glass of water with a teaspoon of vinegar in it post workout. Its not nice but vinegar has fat burning acids in it.

2) Try Musclemax Thermobol. It ain't cheap but it gets the job done.

3) Don't have a hot shower until at least an hour after you've finished working out. The hot water relaxes your muscles therefore not really giving you the full benefit of your workout.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Luckily for me i've been around 10 stone since i was about 17. I eat like a pig, drink like a fish and never put on a pound! It's great! The only pounds i put on are when my jeans are overflowing with coins! :wink: :P
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I'm the right weight for my height......

....if I was 7 ' 6"
petera

Re: weight loss?

Post by petera »

greenbelter wrote:I wiegh spot on 14st but can't for the life of me shift it. Don't put on weight don't lose it. Going gym 3 times a week too.

Anyone got any good weight loss solutions in time for my holiday.

Try taking the 400 pound coins out of your pockets before you weigh yourself......
greenbelter

Post by greenbelter »

5ft 10 14st 34 wasite

Suppose i'm not too bad but i've been worse
darcle

Post by darcle »

Im 5' 10, 13st 7lb but a 36in waist. The only thing that i have found to help is doing the special K diet (a bowl in the morning and 1 for lunch or dinner and a proper 3rd meal). Do that for 2 weeks and then go back to eating normally and you should lose weight. I was 14st at the beginning of July but done that for 2 weeks and the weight is slowly coming off. I say slowly but ive lost 5lb since Saturday!!

By the way i dont get time to exercise so im losing the weight purely through eating. Maybe the reason you are 14st could be put down to the fact that muscle weighs more than fat does?

Post by Guest »

sweet lady amphetamine.......
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat - It's more dense :wink:

What a pedantic sod. Bit like the old 'what weighs more - a ton of lead or a ton of feathers?' adage.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
greenbelter

Post by greenbelter »

Hmm Special K diet never done that. Not wanting to diet as I want to make long term changes but could he intresting in the short term when it comes to my holiday
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I lost 2 stone in 2mths just going like joe fuck on the cross trainer,although i have put half s tone back on now cos i dont go anymore (17 stone 4 now)
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

This is a good website that I try to plug as it belongs to a guy I know:
http://www.markcrook.co.uk/forum/index.php

I am 5'8" and never weigh much more than 10.5 stone (mostly muscle, think my last body fat total was about 18%), but then I do eat healthily and have a pretty active lifestyle.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

ma71lda wrote:
3) Don't have a hot shower until at least an hour after you've finished working out. The hot water relaxes your muscles therefore not really giving you the full benefit of your workout.
I don't think that's true. you want your muscles to recover quickly and efficiently so they're ready for more exercise sooner. Any improvement to muscle capacity is not going to be undone by relaxing them in a hot shower or any other way. If you put off your shower your muscles may feel stiff longer but that doesn't change the long term effects of your session.

Post by 999329753 »

6ft 6 ", 23 stone 8. I reckon if I was about 7ft 4 I would be roughly the right weight for my height!!!! Now 31 years of age I was a 34 inch waist aged 17, (now 46) and most of the weight gain is due to 10 or so years of constant drinking and eating shit with limited excercise.

I hardly play machines now as have a decent career and family. For all you 17 year olds out there embarking on a life of playing machines, the stella and spoons beer and burger offers will soon catch up with you. Unless your matabolism is faster than the speeed of light, expect a bit of weight gain!