getting closer

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
random stop

getting closer

Post by random stop »

Nearly certain to be in europe next season for the spurs boys.

with the fixtures we still have i think 4th spot is gonna be tough but 7th place bolton are now ten points behind with only a possible 18 for them to get. As a spurs fan i would love them to get 4th but to be honest i would settle for the uefa cup. shows we are going in the right direction. fergie and Wenger didnt make their dream teams overnight , it took time , while chelski just bought theres.
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

100% agree mate not bein biased as isupport spurs aswell but we have laid the foundations to have a great team in years to come and if we can make the champions league with a team of mainly youngsters then we are heading in the right direction. theonly quam i have about usthough is we can be inconsistent sumtimes and lose games we should reallybe winning but it will be a very interesting run in and united done usa favour today so were looking good for the champions league i think well thats if bloody arsenal dont win it lol cmon the barca lol
rocket

Re: getting closer

Post by rocket »

random stop wrote: fergie and Wenger didnt make their dream teams overnight , it took time , while chelski just bought theres.
Spot on. I'm a Bolton fan and although we've ballsed it up this season, I can feel proud of what we've acheived in the past 6 or 7 seasons, gradually moving forward and moving up the league, culminating in qualifying for europe last season! Like I say for us, and the same for you this season, theres a sense of pride and acheivement that you're constantly improving and thats being reflected by you're position in the league.

What the f*ck has a chelsea fan got to be proud of? Oh yeah we bought our way to the title...big stuff :roll:
random stop

Post by random stop »

spot on right back at ya mate. true words spoken above
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

I can relate to what you mean...

I'm a chelsea fan, and before anyone comes out with anything i've been a fan for about 10 years, when we were getting panned day in and day out.

The best days for mewere when we had zola, flo, etc and vialli/ranieri managing.

It's nice to be at the top, but speaking from myself its a little hollow to watch players of our calibur dive and cheat and graft 1 goal wins from bottom half teams... Allthough without Abramovich we'd probably be bankrupt and in adminstration by now, it's tricky to say which one as a purist i'd prefer, 2 vastly different situations.

Something for all real chelsea fans to think about i feel
rocket

Post by rocket »

should have said that, I'm aware there will be fans from before the abromavich era. But i think, like you say, things could feel a bit hollow.
bat_fink

Post by bat_fink »

You support your club, whether its in financial trouble or "rolling in it", any successful club has its "plastic" supporters, Liverpool from the 70's and 80's and then Man Utd from the late 80's and 90's.

Chelsea have had to catch up by spending all in a short time (spurs have spent a fortune since the new manager arrived) where as teams like Man Utd have had years of being able to afford pay "top dollar" for the best players.

Watched Spurs V Chelsea the other week and think they deserve a place in Europe Random, albeit in the UEFA cup.

The best days for mewere when we had zola, flo, etc and vialli/ranieri managing
. I remember watching Furlong, Speedie and clark......bloody awful but there my team.
random stop

Post by random stop »

yeh i'll be chuffed to bits with a uefa cup slot.

of course i take the point that there were chelsea fans before abramovich as well. its refreshing to hear a chelsea fan talk sense.
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

other than that aj toulson dude lol what a cock he was lol