Scrabble farce

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Cardinal Sin

Scrabble farce

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Gran aka Madwullie hit upon the cracking idea of having a game of online Scrabble.

The first attempt quickly descended into an attempt to play as many rude words as possible. It wasn't a bad first attempt, although HAIR, COED and BARE would hardly raise blushes. GAM is Edinburgh slang for a blow-job although Gran had QUIM disallowed before hitting on a QUEER.

Also note my shady treble lettered YEAR when I couldn't find any rude words so I just went for maximum points. Sadly, the game timed out at this point.

Any of you fancy giving it a shot?

Ernest W. Quality

Post by Ernest W. Quality »

Next move is to put the "ED" on the end of QUEER. 8)
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

:D

Alas. If only the G had moved up one square
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

la! what fun. i do a similar thing with red top crosswords. fill in bad swears and leave a half-done crossword in public places. i also draw crude phalli on the pictures of the sports pages.

i'll give you a game of sweary mary scrabble. how does it work?
nobody ever wins on those things.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

you need to go to http://www.scrabulous.com and then register. You'll need to give a valid email address. Once you've been accepted, you can choose which room to go into - I can't remember all the names, but I was in the SOWPODs one last night. All rude words need to be in this dictionary.

I can only really play between 1-2 or in the evenings, but if you let me know your username, I'll try and set-up a game today or tomorrow.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

well i made an account but it seems that my mac can't cope with opening a game room. pity as it could have been a most cunning timewaster. i will try again after i have stuffed my face with some curry.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

It can't be much of a computer if it can't handle opening a game room.

Probably won't be able to play till tomorrow, but you never know.
Gran

Post by Gran »

Aye, are there not some issues with macs and Java? Maybe that's the problem, cos the game room is definitely Java
itsme wrote:I dont mind a pint of cider for the morning after. I'm not an alcoholic but its very refreshing.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

never mind. i have emailed their support centre (very efficient but equally unhelpful). i'm running firefox if that makes any difference.

once i'm on downtime after atei i'll go to an internet cafe and become sweary scrabble champion of the world. i'll make sure it is when HE can play.
Gran

Post by Gran »

Cardinal Richelieu wrote:It can't be much of a computer if it can't handle opening a game room.

Probably won't be able to play till tomorrow, but you never know.
How are your work computers for handling it, CR?
itsme wrote:I dont mind a pint of cider for the morning after. I'm not an alcoholic but its very refreshing.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Shecht, although it may be a problem with them not wanting that shady type of thing on their computers, rather than the computer itself.
Gran

Post by Gran »

What Java? Nah mate, that's pretty much standard.
Cardinal Richelieu wrote:It can't be much of a computer if it can't handle opening a game room.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Thanks for that Gran. Good to see you've mastered the use of the quotes.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work at my place of employment - probably because they are cracking down on that sort of thing. Unless you know better?