iPhone 5

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Well it's here. Thoughts......
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Scott

Post by Scott »

Just read the review, won't be rushing out to buy it, its lighter, taller and brighter and the video phone is HD quality which is something i hardly use anyway, at least there is an adaptor so you don't have to buy all the accessories again which is £25, i'm happy with the 4 for now.
Cobwebs 👆
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

Yeah I am happy enough with my 4S for a while. Not sure that I will be getting another Apple next time anyway...
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I'll be getting it I'm a month overdue upgrade. Should still get £200+ for my 4. Plus gonna be on 4g which is faster than home broadband I believe?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i saw a demo of 4g hit over 30 megabits per second ,so yeah betch much faster than most home broadband(not mine though ;) ) , not sure why you'd need a mobile device that fast though.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

betchrider wrote:I'll be getting it I'm a month overdue upgrade. Should still get £200+ for my 4. Plus gonna be on 4g which is faster than home broadband I believe?
I am overdue an upgrade by about 6 months, so i will be getting one too
My iphone 4 is over 2 years old but it's a 32gb, so should get good money for it

You can pre order tomorrow for next friday's release
Don't forget 4G will only be available on Orange and T Mobile, for the time being, launching before Christmas in 16 cities

I am on an old Unlimited internet plan with orange (i use about 3gb of data a month)
Well, Sky Go hammers it if you watch a football match

Don't think Orange offer an unlimited data plan now, although T Mobile might?

So it's either an Upgrade and lose my unlimited data, or join T Mobile
Or wait for 4g and join 3 who do unlimited data deals that are pretty decent, (poor network though)

Choices choices lol
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

If you ring up you should be able to carry your current plan over, or have a look online. Im on orange and last time i upgraded i thought the same, but somehow i managed to keep the same deal with unlimited internet etc.
san186

Post by san186 »

Best clear up some misconceptions about this...

When the iphone 5 comes out over here, LTE will only work on EE where they have deployed the LTE kit. Its not 100% coverage. LTE on Three will only work from next September (2013) This is the contract they have with EE.
Once Vodafone / o2 have their LTE up and running, different versions of the Iphone 5 will be released (different as in they will have a different LTE chip). The current LTE chips being used on the iphone 5 are not multi-network compatible. LTE will only work on a network that has the required frequency for said model of the iphone. Meaning LTE on a European iphone means no LTE out of europe. (3G/Edge will be fine however)
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I am on tmobile and am on the biggest contract they do. The iPhone 60 plan which is unlimited everything. Although my calls are lImited to 38,000 minutes per month I can't see me using that! Is it possible? I am on friends and family so get this half price (£30). But the iPhone is free. I wondr if 5 is free?
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

GaryChandler wrote:If you ring up you should be able to carry your current plan over, or have a look online. Im on orange and last time i upgraded i thought the same, but somehow i managed to keep the same deal with unlimited internet etc.
Ahh right. Cheers for that. I will ring and ask about it.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Can only get it on full monty plan. My plan nearly double that yet not available on it?
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Pre ordered mine today with Orange
Second one on the list in that particular shop

They might be letting me stay on my old tariff
However i will have to change to a new 4G tariff when it becomes available
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Got mine ordered £29 it's cost me for 32g one in black. Laaaarvely
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

im on talk plan talkaholic, i get 2 years worth of calls a month
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

As BFK would put it I was a 'batphone' (can go with that, but quiggle. Really?) man.

Saw the galaxy and was a android convert and giving the lastest release from Apple I won't be rushing back.
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.