Nestle Vice Versas

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Oscar

Nestle Vice Versas

Post by Oscar »

Anyone remember these from 15 or so years back?

Well the good people at Nestle have re-released them!

But they aren't same, they taste totally different.

Very disappointing.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I remember these, must have been earlyish 90's for a guess, roughly the same time coke clear was out, think it was called tab clear, and also them foul tasting cans of Lipton ice tea.

Quite liked the old Vice Versa's though.
Cobwebs 👆
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

So what do they taste like now?
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

The chocolate in the dark centred ones is far more bitter than I remember. They also look less appealing. The shell is also very crunchy unlike before. Nestle have a history of disappointing the chocolate eating public, Smarties being a prime example. I used to really enthuse about the prospect of buying some smarties, with the different flavours. Orange ones tasted of orange, and so on. They even had a limited edition blue one introduced years ago, and the white ones had white chocolate inside them.

Now they are shit. I wouldn't even buy a tube if there was nothing else on offer.
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Nestle factory near my house, I'll go there and get them to sort this out for you, Oscar.
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

It sucks being diabetic. Fond memories of chocolate pre-diagnosis. Mum used to give me £4 lunch money at high school. The school kitchen used to sell a lot of chips, pizzas, etc... I'd often have £2 left and would nip to the Newsagents at the top of Westlegate, next to a bar called Chandlers (this was mid 90's, Friends was very popular). Anyway, Smarties were a favourite, as were Wispa. Wispa gold were nice. Aniseed balls were good as well. And Lemon Sherberts. Then I'd go to my Grans and she would have made me banana custard.

Diabetic chocolate gives you the shits.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

You don't know sweets unless you had the pleasure of recieving 2 for your penny!
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Pear drops for me, mmmmmmmmmmm although they do make your mouth go all sticky. What were those sweets called from about 30 years ago? They were like Opal Fruits/Starburst, all individually wrapped, green packaging white sweets, chewy, with a few green stripes on them and minty flavoured. Also, Fresh Mint Eggs pissed all over Cadbury's Creme Eggs, BRING THEM BACK!!!!
steelfix1

Post by steelfix1 »

Spearmint Chews, they now have taken the green strip out of them for whatever reason.

mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

vice versas are on offer at the co-op at the moment.

you can get a very large bag of disappointment for a pound right now
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Noels Beard wrote:It sucks being diabetic. Fond memories of chocolate pre-diagnosis. Mum used to give me £4 lunch money at high school. The school kitchen used to sell a lot of chips, pizzas, etc... I'd often have £2 left and would nip to the Newsagents at the top of Westlegate, next to a bar called Chandlers (this was mid 90's, Friends was very popular). Anyway, Smarties were a favourite, as were Wispa. Wispa gold were nice. Aniseed balls were good as well. And Lemon Sherberts. Then I'd go to my Grans and she would have made me banana custard.

Diabetic chocolate gives you the shits.
£4 lunch money? Wonder what end of the social spectrum you are from?!! I got £2, and that was more than most other kids... Mind you If I was skint i'd get up at 7am and make a packed lunch on the sly, and just save the dinner money up so that I had a float for the arcades at the weekend....
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

luxury, i used to get a quid .

20 dorchester cigarettes were only 80p back then, meaning i only had to knock a few out at 10p each to turn my 20p change into enough to get sausage and chips at the local chippy and then have a game of guerilla(if you could fight your way through the crowd)
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

You near york ROTW?
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Have a game of wally ended up skint or quids in before school every day. Same wall same spot.
skinner

Post by skinner »

I hated those spearmint chews,did'nt they change the tube and lid on smarties so you could no longer squash the empty tube and make the lid shoot off,childhood memories eh!