Sick films???

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Scott

Post by Scott »

betchrider wrote:Executions was a different film to faces of death. There was more than 1 faces of death also

I might be getting confused, like i say it was 20 years ago, why would anyone wanna watch such horror? I don't mind the fictional stuff, Freddy Krueger gives me nightmares, raping a baby and shooting people is just sick and twisted.
Cobwebs 👆
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Taking a change of heart has anyone seen these films?:-

They are up them in my top ever best films.

• True romance
• The life of David Gale
• Carlito's Way
• The Basketball Diaries
• Rounders
• Leaving las Vegas
• The butterfly Effect
• Man on Fire
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

the alternative ending of 'man on fire' is much ,much more satisfying than the original , very good movie all the same. liked butterfly effect also.
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

Company Of Wolves is a good film. Its like a horror version of Little Red Riding Hood. That bloke turning into a werewolf was grusome.
kidgloves

Post by kidgloves »

I quite liked Hostel and Hostel part 2.
Still quite tame by the sounds of things in the above threads.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

the wicker man is sposed to be good, best british horror movie ever made they say
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

toothless

carlito's way is epic ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but for my money ,,,,,,,,,,, the best on that list ,,,, by a country mile

david gale

what a film ,,,,,,,,,,,,, top twists ,,,,,,,, and top lead performance by kevin spacy
Little discipline = BIG issue

Spyder

Post by Spyder »

mr lugsy wrote:the alternative ending of 'man on fire' is much ,much more satisfying than the original , very good movie all the same. liked butterfly effect also.
two ends to butterfly effect..

tv one doesnt have the womb bit.. just ends
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

trayhop123 wrote:toothless

carlito's way is epic ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but for my money ,,,,,,,,,,, the best on that list ,,,, by a country mile

david gale

what a film ,,,,,,,,,,,,, top twists ,,,,,,,, and top lead performance by kevin spacy
I 100% agree. One of the best films I've ever seen. If only I could prove the criminal justice system in this country is a complete farce. I'd happily be the real life UK version of David Gale.
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

Spyder wrote:
mr lugsy wrote:the alternative ending of 'man on fire' is much ,much more satisfying than the original , very good movie all the same. liked butterfly effect also.
two ends to butterfly effect..

tv one doesnt have the womb bit.. just ends
It doesn't just end, they walk past each other in the street and AK just turns round and keeps walking.

Choking himself in the womb version is better tho.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I bought Butterfly Effect a long, long time ago and still haven't watched it - I didn't even realise it was meant to be all that good and I have no idea what it is about!!! :lol:

Proper mainstream films are so much better than these 'lets push the boundaries as far as we can get away with' sick flicks. Man on Fire is quality and Rounders is class too.

Leon, Punisher Warzone, Dumb and Dumber, Happy Gilmore, Hellboy, Sin City, Wanted, Matrix, Training Day and Toy Story 1/2/3 have all been watched multiple times in our household.

I went to HMV today with the sole purpose of buying Colombiana on Bluray because I have a bit of store credit - robbing bastards are trying to charge £16.99 for a basic no frills bluray. No wonder the company is on the bones of its arse. I'll wait til its around the £10 mark now.

So I went to Bee.com shop and bought 2012 (£1.99), The Road (£4.99) and I Spit on Your Grave (£3.99, not sure whether I should have now but she wants to watch it), all on bluray brand new and sealed. Adds to the collection.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Iv just watched a serbian film, watched maybe 90mins. Then it cut out fukin dodgy website lol.. Abit of a sick film, with a twist
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

matilda m8 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, watch butterfly effect ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, its very good ,,,,,,,,,and afterwards ,,,,,, gets you thinking about the reality of it all , and the endless possibilities .

dont bother with the sequel ,,,,,,,,,,, low production value shit ,,,,,, just trying to cash in on the name .

i hate it when they do that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hollowman is a prime example ,,,,,,,,,,, first one is good with superb special effects ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the second looks like it has been made with a budget of £3.47 ,,,,,,,,,,,, with no actors ,,,,,,,,,,,(other than christian slater ,,,,,,, mostly his voice ) like he phoned in his part . ,,,,,,,,,, truly shocking .

starship troopers 2+3 ,,,,,,,,,,,, how dare you ?
universal soldier sequels ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ffs
and so on

as for 2012 ,,,,,,,,,,,, its a stinking pile of corny ''whooooooo'' americanised pap ,,,,,,,,,,,,, the acting is bollocks ,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but if you have the right home set-up ,,,,,,,,, it looks and sounds amazing ,,,,,,,,,,,,, so meerly as a test disk ,,,,, its 1.99 well spent

ps ,,,, leon is quality

pps ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, im not ashamed to admit it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but toy story 1 to 3 are all fantastic ,,,,, seriously , watch em all in one session ,,,,,,, and you will love em more than the kids do.

toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Starship troopers is too an immense film lee. I've watched that endless times and never get bored!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

it is toothless m8 . ,,,,,,,,,,,,

another film i thought was amazing ,,,,,,,,,,,,, star trek

ive only ever really been a trek fan of the original kirk and co,,,,,

,,,, and personally think all the sequels like next generation and deep space 9 or whatever are crap.

but the new film is amazing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, great production values ,,,,,,,,,, top acting on kirks part,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, great story ,,,,,,,,,,,, fantastic effects ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ties the old and new together brilliantly.