Carl 'Houdini' Morris

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Scott

Carl 'Houdini' Morris

Post by Scott »

This guy did a pool exhibition at my local club last night, very good player he was too, he's doing 43 exhibitions in 43 cities/towns in 43 nights, fair play to the man, he's pulling a caravan around with him where ever he goes, and put on a great show for us last night, but i don't think its that well advertised, there was a tiny paragraph in my local paper (Leicester Mercury) last Wednesday and thats it, there was about 30 people there last night which is quite poor, he was telling us he turned up at a venue in Liverpool to find 2 people and a Landlord who had no idea who he even was, all down to lack of advertising, its for a great charity (Breast Cancer) and last night was his 15th exhibition and he already looked shattered, so theres another 28 shows to see, so its coming to a town near you, highly recommended.

He'd like to raise a £1000 in every city, we had collected in around £1700, and last nights money had to be put on top of that, so Leicester has done its part, he takes on all comers for the first couple of hours, he 7 balled me after i went in off from the break, but i did beat him later on in the night, then he does a few trick shots, he jumped the cue ball into someones trainer which i thought was excellent!!!! He's a nice bloke to talk to aswell.
Cobwebs 👆
ruthl3ss

Yeh

Post by ruthl3ss »

Top draw blud
harry2

Post by harry2 »

That's the deaf guy, isn't it ? Unfortunately 8 ball pool isn't a big draw anymore. Even the world champs only get about £5k for winning. Even though it's more skilful than 9 ball, it's not got the worldwide appeal. Shame really.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Yes, its the deaf guy, top bloke! Snooker is back on the up, but 8 ball, like you say ain't a big draw :(
Cobwebs 👆