A meer success story amongst a wealth of failures

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
JG

Post by JG »

According to your stats, you make an average of 1.12 posts per day Luke. That's 1.12 polluting strings of text our members have to endure each day.

Sometimes I think getting rid of you would be like drinking Dr. Pepper - what's the worst that can happen? As long as I've kept the recepit (what sort of crazy typo was that? That's if it even was a typo) I can get my money back.

However I have some glowing references here that say you are genuinely passionate about horse racing and have great potential to add insight and interest to the bookmaker forum. I balance that with causing regular vexation to trayhop and SilentG and a fair few others no doubt.

You are under close scrutiny Luke, very close, discerning, scrutiny. It's a thin line you tread on this board.....uuufffffft....no more nonsense eh?

I think Martin Clunes is presenting a TV program that celebrates the magnificence and nobility of horses, to be aired shortly. Not sure what channel it's on, but a quick google and you may have something that'll keep you out of mischief on here for a bit.
JG
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

At least if the fella does well he should dissapear and if he does shit hes just made a rope to hang himself! He does contribute in a way as we all reply even if it is to moan at him!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

&quot wrote:At least if the fella does well he should dissapear and if he does shit hes just made a rope to hang himself! He does contribute in a way as we all reply even if it is to moan at him!
Glen you're a good bloke.
messiah

Re: A meer success story amongst a wealth of failures

Post by messiah »

HorseRacingKing wrote:Hey guys

would like to say just recieved my alevels 2day and got DDD, (360 ucas points) the most you can get.

I am rising into the depths of severe intelligence and greatness, hope to see you soon.

x
So which university are you going to? De Montford?
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

ive got more intelligence in one of my bollocks...

thing that gets me is that you might get good a-level results, but all that really means is you learned what they told you to...

doesnt make you particularly clever, just means you are good at following instruction, whereas the others in the learning group didnt grasp the information in the correct manner..

in the real world, in a real job, misunderstanding the instruction simply means you get retrained till you understand.. or sacked.

in college, you get one chance, then you get graded... then you either boast that you got the better grade available, or keep quiet and hope no-one noticed.

big deal, you got good grades, unluckly, you might NEVER get a job with any prospect, in a more realistic perspective you will get lost in the system of applications for the liquidated selection of available positions, someone who dropped out of school and gained actual experience in your chosen career has more chance of landing a job..

life experience is usually more attractive to any employer, as they can simply outsource any required training that the applicant may have missed along their way, your grades are on paper, and with no experience, you are simply X amount of years behind someone who has worked the lower jobs and made their way up..

i hope you get a job, and soon, as you will end up either claiming benefits or using funding from the government to further your "education"

you could be the smartest guy working at macdonalds, or the dumbest guy at a corporate career... either way, you are inevitably still the same prick that posted 1103 posts on a gambling site, each one making you look more and more foolish and retarded...

have a nice life... i hope your kids all get hooked on crack and you die young from something nasty, like aids...
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

well quite clearly if you got 3 distincitons, you weren't doing an A level were you...
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

Drpepper wrote:well quite clearly if you got 3 distincitons, you weren't doing an A level were you...
And nobody has pointed out the possibility that the results could have been photoshopped !
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Captain.Tattybojangles

Re: A meer success story amongst a wealth of failures

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

HorseRacingKing wrote:Hey guys

would like to say just recieved my alevels 2day and got DDD, (360 ucas points) the most you can get.

I am rising into the depths of severe intelligence and greatness, hope to see you soon.

x
Good for you. I got the grades that I wanted to go where I wanted. I don't see the need to brag about points and such.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Spyder wrote:ive got more intelligence in one of my bollocks...

thing that gets me is that you might get good a-level results, but all that really means is you learned what they told you to...

doesnt make you particularly clever, just means you are good at following instruction, whereas the others in the learning group didnt grasp the information in the correct manner..

in the real world, in a real job, misunderstanding the instruction simply means you get retrained till you understand.. or sacked.

in college, you get one chance, then you get graded... then you either boast that you got the better grade available, or keep quiet and hope no-one noticed.

big deal, you got good grades, unluckly, you might NEVER get a job with any prospect, in a more realistic perspective you will get lost in the system of applications for the liquidated selection of available positions, someone who dropped out of school and gained actual experience in your chosen career has more chance of landing a job..

life experience is usually more attractive to any employer, as they can simply outsource any required training that the applicant may have missed along their way, your grades are on paper, and with no experience, you are simply X amount of years behind someone who has worked the lower jobs and made their way up..

i hope you get a job, and soon, as you will end up either claiming benefits or using funding from the government to further your "education"

you could be the smartest guy working at macdonalds, or the dumbest guy at a corporate career... either way, you are inevitably still the same prick that posted 1103 posts on a gambling site, each one making you look more and more foolish and retarded...

have a nice life... i hope your kids all get hooked on crack and you die young from something nasty, like aids...
And Spyder, whilst I have got my A level grades and such, and chose not to give them up half way through, a large part of me regrets not using the time for job experience somewhat. Academics don't get you everywhere these days...but it's either all or nothing I find, and at A level, there's no point stopping
Scott

Post by Scott »

Funny how someone with all this 'intelligence' struggles with something as simple as the quote button :roll:

If brains were chocolate you could'nt fill a smartie. :P
Cobwebs 👆
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

De Montford?
More like Me' Dartford! ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
PMK

Post by PMK »

Can't believe ur all biting.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

Scott wrote:Funny how someone with all this 'intelligence' struggles with something as simple as the quote button :roll:

If brains were chocolate you could'nt fill a smartie. :P

he's had that privilege taken away along with picture posting ability and avatar,signature etc .

work on capping his ability to make any kind of posting could resume soon
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

apparantly hrk's girlfriend has the tattoo of a seashell on her inner thigh.

it is said that if you put your ear right on it you can smell the ocean.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

JG...only you could compare barring HRK to Dr Pepper, awesome!

Fwiw, A levels mean fuck all. I know so many people who have ridiculous qualifications yet still can't either get a job or command a decent salary, and all are either in debt, or still relying on their parents to bail them out financially. And they are in their thirties (the ex students, not the parents!).
Bored of the grind.