Poxy, Bloody Travelodge

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Poxy, Bloody Travelodge

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

I booked into a travelodge for three nights & paid online.

Do I want breakfast?

No.

Evening Meal?

No.

Early Check-in, or Late Check-Out?

No.

Include disabled rooms in my search?

No.

Quite simple really you'd think, but this IS Travelodge I'm talking about here, so guess what I got?

A disabled room.

Why would I want a disabled room for? I can walk!

Maybe if I threw myself down the open lift shaft from the sixth floor, then I should think a disabled room would be more fitting for my needs.

The bed is just a mattress on the floor, the light switches are on the skirting board, the bath has vanished & the whole room smells of wee.

The receptionist tries to tell me that this is what I requested when I made the booking, & that they were very sorry but they had no other rooms available, & as it was past twelve o'clock noon, they couldn't refund me for tonight. So I was left with no option other than to moan.

So I did.

And after twenty-five minutes of non-stop ranting they miraculously found another "normal" room and altered my booking.

Twice this has happened now, so that's it. Premier Inn only from now on.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

I've been given a disabled room before at a premier inn. There was nothing particularly wrong with it, and indeed slept well for the 7 or so hours I was there for. But I still got my money back the following morning.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

That's one of the benefits of staying in a Premier Inn.

If your room wasn't up to your liking in a Travelodge and you want to make a complaint, they just fob you off with an email address that might as well not exist. You never get a positive reply, and told basically to whistle for your money.

Followed by: "We look forward to seeing you at Travelodge again soon".

Marvellous.
MoterWayServiceMan

Post by MoterWayServiceMan »

bridgewater travellodge.

every room smells of piss. and every1 has a strange auror about them like there shaggin there brother.
BN1!!
moterwayplayer

Post by moterwayplayer »

lol do u remmeber that night ended up doing an all nighter
JG

Post by JG »

IMO most Travellodges anywhere near a city centre are just a hotbed for every stag and hen party going, well any participants of any piss up really, coupled with the super budget dirty weekend brigade.
Newcastle quayside and Nottingham Trent being two of the worst offenders I have experienced.
Go into the receptions of either at about 6pm on a Saturday night and I'd be surprised NOT to see a load of six foot four blokes masquerading in sequin dresses.
Cov, sorry Houventry Travellodge isn't exactly saintly either.
JG
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

not just travelodges ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but we do a lot of multi story car parks aswell , and why is it that every car park stairwell stinks of piss ,,,,,,,,,,

i mean , is it the law or something , that every stairwell must stink of piss . ?

do they pay a tramp every morning to piss all over the place ?

honestly , ive had to pay the ferryman to take me across the piss lake in some of em .

wtf ?
Little discipline = BIG issue

sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Premier Inn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Travelodge.

Refunds are awesome with P/I, plus I have an irrational hatred of Travelodge after they built a new one next to my old flat in Tunbridge Wells when I lived there.

Cue every possible parking space taken by the time I get back from my daily route, and a nice wake up call at 5am by the reversing linen lorry outside my bedroom window. I even complained to the council, who told them they weren't allowed to deliver linen before 7am after this, although it made zero difference. I won't stay with them now no matter what, I'd rather sleep in a cardboard box.
Bored of the grind.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

trayhop123 wrote:not just travelodges ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but we do a lot of multi story car parks aswell , and why is it that every car park stairwell stinks of piss ,,,,,,,,,,

i mean , is it the law or something , that every stairwell must stink of piss . ?

do they pay a tramp every morning to piss all over the place ?

honestly , ive had to pay the ferryman to take me across the piss lake in some of em .

wtf ?

Car Parks are where the eastern europeans and illegals go at night,in Reading at least.
Roulette free since December 2011.