would you vote for this man?

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
mr lugsy

would you vote for this man?

Post by mr lugsy »

Would you vote for this man?

On his first morning as Mayor of Doncaster in South Yorkshire, Peter Davies cut his salary from £73,000 to £30,000 then closed the council’s newspaper for "peddling politics on the rates".
Now three weeks into his job, Mr Davies is pressing ahead with plans he hopes will see the number of town councillors cut from 63 to just 21, saving taxpayers £800,000.
Mr Davies said: "If 100 senators can run the United States of America, I can’t see how 63 councillors are needed to run Doncaster".

He has withdrawn Doncaster from the Local Government Association and the Local Government Information Unit, saving another £200,000. Mr Davies said, "They are just talking shops".
"Doncaster is in for some serious untwinning. We are twinned with probably nine other cities around the world and they are just for people to fly off and have a binge at the council’s expense".

The mayor’s chauffeur-driven car has also been axed by Mr Davies and the driver given another job. Mr Davies, born and bred in Doncaster, swept to power in the May election with 24,244 votes as a candidate for the English Democrats, a party that wants tight immigration curbs, an English Parliament and a law forcing every public building to fly the flag of St. George.

He has promised to end council funding for Doncaster’s International Women’s Day, Black History Month and the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month.
He said, "Politicians have got completely out of touch with what people want.
"We need to cut costs. I want to pass on some savings I make in reduced taxes and use the rest for things we really need, like improved children’s services".
Mr Davies has received messages from well wishers across the country and abroad as news of his no-nonsense approach spreads.
swych

Post by swych »

this man is a realist, unlike most poloticians he has a grasp of reality and doesn't live with his head in sand and probably came from a background other than eton!!
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

I would vote for him, absolutely.
As long as he's not a commie or a fascist, or God forbid New Labour, he has my vote.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Mr "taxi"Davies was my R.E teacher at school and was "allegedly"a big gambler and was always seen at dinner times emerging from will hills.
He got the nickname"taxi"cos he "allegedly"owned a betting shop in his wifes name which got closed down due to tax"irregularities".
I would like to add that these were rumours at school and are in no way shape or form true! 8)
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

I can remember when he told a girl to spit some chewing gum out and she refused and he actually had her in a necklock to try and get it out!Maybe some of our young uns get it too easy at school nowadays as teachers darent do jack to em.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i was hoping you'd have a bit of local knowledge betch and you've defo come up trumps ,i just hope these vile internet smears don't tarnish a promisingly refreshing political career :wink:
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Lol

I remember a teacher at school who was 6ft 6 and took no shit

If you were swinging backwards on 2 legs of your chair he would kick the legs away from you i kid you not

Once at the end of the school day when you put your chairs on the table, a lad had his head between them laughing and making jokes
The teacher came up and smashed both chairs together trapping his head

Oh why cant they get away with stuff like this these days
Teach the little shits a thing or too lol
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Blackboard rubber thrown at your head if you were turned around talking!and they ddint give two fucks if it hit or not!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Just remembered,he once told us he dreamt a dream about a 100/1 winner in grand national!Its name foinavon dont know whether he made this up or not but i know foinavon won.Perhaps next time hes giving a speech i can askhim about it again
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

might be a few bunce in it for you betch from the NOTW ,the headlock incident gotta be worth a couple of hundred :lol:
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

You could start a whole new thread about evil teachers.

We had a Geography teacher by the name of Mr Sadler who thought nothing of launching a blackboard rubber at you. He also had a hardback book which must of been 5 inches or so thick, he'd sneak up on people and whack them round the head with it if they carried on talking in class. :lol:

But his favourite, and most sadistic trick, was to make a pupil stand facing the wall with a ruler between the kids nose and the wall making them keep the ruler there all lesson!!

The guy had serious issues with kids and was ruthless, but looking back, you gotta love the man!!! :P