The average age of a phoenix in Vietnam was... n-n-n-n-19.

The famous fruit-chat quiz!
Demmerz

Post by Demmerz »

Moby Dick?
Still kicking about.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Another cracking guess, but a check of the extras on IMDB reveal that there were indeed lassies starring.

Here's something to think about... what situations could arise in a movie which would mean that there are NO women about?
tka

Post by tka »

Bum Lovers 4?
No wonder I drink!
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

:lol: :lol:
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Mars Needs Women? ;)

I can't remeber without looking, and that's cheating, but has Withnail and I got any women in it? Or is it just the two of them talking?

EDIT: Hang on... The Great Escape?
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Withnail and I had a waitress in it.

The Great Escape is a very very good guess indeed. I've not seen it, but IMDB certainly doesn't list any females being in the cast, although does anyone know if there are any lady extras in it at all???

The film I'm thinking of was made in the 60s (the British version), with the US remake made in the early 90s. Not sure when the book was published, but it's a timeless classic.
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

How the hell have you avoided seeing "The Great Escape"?! ;)

I remembered the Night of the Living Dead remake in the 1990s, but that must have women in it, if only amongst the zombies. ;)

Okay, going on famous books alone then (I don't know when, if any films were made of it): Lord of the Flies? I thought Robinson Crusoe at first, but that must have more films than two made of it.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

BINGO! Lord of the Flies is the answer I was thinking of... (thought someone had actually guessed it when they said Lord of the Rings).

Robinson Crusoe is also a cracking guess. ... there are probably quite a few others, such as films set on boats, submarines, desert islands and prisons, not to mention some war films and westerns.

Anyway, up you step, Weyland!

(oh, not sure how I've missed Great Escape. I've also never seen any of the Star Wars films except the Phantom Menace, which was so rubbish I've been put off watching any of the rest of them)
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

The original three SW films are good. ROTJ is a bit on the twee side, but still watchable.

Right, who can tell me what date "Towel Day" is on?
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Oh well, I've got a 1 in 365 chance of getting this right, if I ignore leap years.

25 June
thehut

Post by thehut »

The guy opposite me is a Hitchhikers Guide nerd and he claims it's 25th of May... :shock:
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

...and his eminence was sooo close. Just got the month wrong. It is indeed 25th May.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Towel_day

Don't forget yours next week! ;)

over to thehut's friend...
thehut

Post by thehut »

With the Eurovision song contest up this week (I think) i will pose the following:

Ireland have proved to be the most successful country in producing middle of the road musical garbage, claiming 7 victories, but 3 countries are tied for second having won it 5 times. Who are they?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i am proud to be as geeky about the eurovision as your mate is about HHGTTG. United Kingdom is one who has won it five times (including a tied-first) we have also been second 15 times.
nobody ever wins on those things.
thehut

Post by thehut »

Yep, UK is one of the 3.