I get my kicks. ... on Phoenix no 26

The famous fruit-chat quiz!
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I'm not a gambling man, UP, but I'd bet any amount of money that's wrong, since the 2 possibilities were Christmas and Easter.

Hope it is Easter. I've got quite a good question lined up
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

serves me right for being a pagan philistine, just glad i am not in His Eminence's jurisdiction as i'd probably be guillotined for heresy
nobody ever wins on those things.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Tell me about it. He's like a man possessed with that guillotine. For some reason he's never had a chance to use it though, as whenever someone gets within about 100m of him, a white flag appears. Strange. 8)

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Fortunately it is Easter, thus avoiding the embarassment of a very senior member of the Catholic church not knowing one of the most important facts about the current calender... ;)

The story goes that Oswy was getting royally cheesed off that, as a follower of the Celtic church, he was already pissing it up the wall for Easter while his Roman-church-following wife was still in Lent. So he called the synod to sort it out once and for all.

Take it away your holiness...
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Thank you my child. Of course I knew the answer to that question, I was just letting the rest of the plebs and heathens have a bash first.

Right. It's the picture round now. Who is this?

nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

Pauline Mclynn
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Right click -> properties? :wink:

I'd imageshack stuff like that YE. Spoilers like me can't resist the above nosiness. Nudges is right though, cheating or not cheating :wink: :P

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Well clicked.

So who is Pauline McLynn? (feel free to use the internet to cheat if you like :) )
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

yeah i right clicked lol sorry :lol:
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

i cant think of a question so whover comes on here 1st can ask the next one. over to you whoever u may be
jimmymac

Post by jimmymac »

cardinal richelieu wrote:Well clicked.

So who is Pauline McLynn? (feel free to use the internet to cheat if you like :) )
mrs doyle from father ted of course.

oh ya will....oh ya will.....ya will ya will ya will ya will ya will ya will ya will ya will YA WILL!
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

right. on ye go nudges
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

someone else can hav a pop i cant think of anything lol im to tired and sunburnt lol :o ops:
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Oh, what the hell. I can't sleep (because it's too hot) so here's a topical one (no, really) for you:

Henry Fielding wrote Tom Jones in 1749, having already written many great satirical works. But what else is he famous for creating the year after?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

he was instrumental in setting up the london constabulary but he soon lost interest and handed the reigns to his blind half brother. the bow street magistrates court into which it evolved is shortly to move proceedings to horseferry road. the last hearings here were on friday after 267 years.
nobody ever wins on those things.