The Answer to Life- Phoenix 42

The famous fruit-chat quiz!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Not a bad guess, but it is indeed higher 8)
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

I'm certain I remember a study where they stayed awake for a good couple of weeks, so I'll guess... 16 (15 + 1 for luck ;) )
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Hmm. I'll go for 14...apparently after about 7 days you start hallucinating that spiders are crawling up your arm and what not.. lovely!

Longest I've managed is about 3 days.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

The answer on my card is lower than those two guesses. 3 days is a good effort cardinal! Most i've managed is just under 2 days, and i was absolutely wrecked at the end of that!
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Right, 10 then.

My record is 72 hours, during a gold disk deadline, the last 24 ours of which was almost solely spent burning CDs (burners were a lot flakier in those days). I was younger then though... ;)
stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

I'll pitch in with 8 days.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I'll go for 12...

(i was flying long-haul and had to spend a night sitting on a seat in Manchester Airport with an announcement every 15 minutes not to leave my cases lying about... didn't actually feel that tired at the end. mind you, I'm mental)

: :?
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Weyland has the answer i have here. 10 days and apparently you are toast. Wonder who found that out the hard way? :P
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Whoever it was, I think I worked for him for a while... ;)

Okay, I think it has to be a Eurovision question:

There are nine countries that are eligible to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest but have never actually done so. These include San Marino in Europe, Jordan and Lebanon in the Middle East, and Algeria, Egypt, Libya and Tunisia in Northern Africa.

One of these intended to participate in the 2005 contest, but withdrew late on in the proceedings, thus incurring a fine from the EBU. Which country was it, and why?

Post by Guest »

Not doubting any answer but the apparent world record for going without sleep is 11 days!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Gard ... _holder%29
I like my bed to much to try :wink:

No idea on latest question .... only ones I ever know get answered too quick. :(
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Wasn't it The Lebanaon, who switched the show off when they thought Israel was going to win.
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Harry has it straight away, more or less...

It was Jordan who cut an ongoing transmission of the show in 1978, after realising Israel was goind to win (they'd already shown pictures of flowers instead of the Israeli entry earlier). Afterwards, the Jordanian media refused to acknowledge that Israel had won, claiming that Belgium (who came second) had come first instead. Jordan themselves have never entered.

However, Lebanon intended to participate in the 2005 contest. But Lebanese law does not allow recognition of Israel, so Lebanese television stated their intention not to transmit the Israeli entry. The EBU said that such an act would breach the rules, so Lebanon withdrew in protest, which meant they got fined.

And they still try and claim that the contest has nothing to do with politics. ;)

Over to Harry!
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

The first six Prime Ministers (UK) all represented which party ?
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Whigs?