Old School- Arcadia

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Dunhamzzz

Old School- Arcadia

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Going to a party in a pub 2morrow nite, has an old-school arcadia, Im gonna batter it just to say I can :)

Ive got a version on my PC but do you guys have any info of how I should play it?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I believe the idea was to get 'Shoot em up' feature and there was a technique to always get the top from it (it's only the 3rd feature up if I recall)

Look up some of those naff websites that have 'old' guides on 'em - you'll find the technique there... :)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

it was a nightmare to perfect the trick. I could never really get the hang of it.

If it pays out £3 a time, it's rechipped, and if it pays out £2 it's the old chip (i think).

Best bet will be to see if it's numbering (10's and 3's) and don't force it for big wins.

Oh, and there is a cheat for getting the £10 win from let em spins. But my alcohol-addled brain has forgotton it. Again, searching old forums might prove fruitful
bat_fink

Post by bat_fink »

Emptier

Special Note:

Most players got burned on this machine (tricky to hit), which was profitable in itself - the trick did not last long and is here for info only!

Summary of Method

There are 2 methods of play involving the SHOOTEMUP feature. This is a true skill feature by where you have to hit enough numbers in view to climb the cash ladder (this is one way). As the feature was supposedly unhittable it was left in the program, it was soon discovered that a 95% strike rate would empty the machine! The other method involves choking the machine of the feature.

The Method

1. Play for the SHOOTEMUP feature an skillstop reels for the a full cash climb to JP. Repeat till empty or close. TIP: Pressing CANCEL just as you take the feature will stop the feature from timing out so you can get your formation locked. The machines music may stop playing!

2. Play for the SHOOTEMUP feature but this time hit it only for £3, repeat this 4 times. Soon it will offer a setup for the top feature STREAKER which will go for anything up to £90 (bug in software). After this you may be able to rip a jackpot or two form the HIDDEN RED LINE features. The machine may well empty! This method may not work on all machines, infact not many.

Revisions

Arcadia has gone through several program revisions!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

2. Play for the SHOOTEMUP feature but this time hit it only for £3, repeat this 4 times. Soon it will offer a setup for the top feature STREAKER which will go for anything up to £90 (bug in software). After this you may be able to rip a jackpot or two form the HIDDEN RED LINE features. The machine may well empty! This method may not work on all machines, infact not many.
In particular -
STREAKER which will go for anything up to £90 (bug in software).
Never had more than £30 off of this feature! LOL

Remember when there was one of these in the train station at my town. USed to have a fiver in it before work some mornings. Tedious if the train turned up when I was on the board! LOL
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
ob

Post by ob »

"Tedious if the train turned up when I was on the board! LOL"

I know exactly what you mean, I'm always tied between playing the alive machine on the platform shop( this is usually 11:30ish pm when this happens ) or getting the train and not having to, hard one when the next train is at 12:15 which is also a slower train.... needless to say often finished with the machine about 1 minute after the train has gone and have to wait 45 minutes in the shop....
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

Another thing that annoys me is in a pub, go for a punt, and think you could do with something to eat, have a board, and its ready, and look for the first time ever your food's done in amazingly quick time :| If you didn't have that board or if it wasn't ready the food would take about an hour!
Unbelievable Jeff
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

crosbyrules wrote:Another thing that annoys me is in a pub, go for a punt, and think you could do with something to eat, have a board, and its ready, and look for the first time ever your food's done in amazingly quick time :| If you didn't have that board or if it wasn't ready the food would take about an hour!
See you in there tonite buddy :)
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

after all the that the bastard machine didnt turn on!