Okay, so Dunham 2, Club 2 !

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Dunhamzzz

Okay, so Dunham 2, Club 2 !

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Okay so club equallised tonight!

I try Jolly Roger for a board (old extreme) and its genuinley ready, theres about 1 hour left til closing. Okay so its gets to closing time and Im 50 and ive jus shoved another 10er in. Ive bin offered 10, 15,17 constantly on the last few boards, and im getting boards every few credits.

Last credits are called and I've £6 to transfer so I transfer it all over...

No board, thats right, Ive been going literally 1/2 pound for boards and at my very last chance (where I would have accepted £15 or so) I dont get a board for £7! Sods law.

"c'mon, let us just havea a board mate"

"no way get out"

"ffs"

"if you' had took that red (points to £25) that'd have gone for £75, its the same as that (points to top feature) you were offered that 4 times"

I WAS NOT OFFERED JP ON ANY RELATED AMOUNT ONCE

Knowing that we was gonna blantently shark me (which put a rat up my ass) I pop my chewing gum down the coinslot. as I walk off, I taunt him

"you just try and play that after me"

I dare say he pounced on me "you damagin that, you damagin that" he kept saying as he deciced to throw me out via getting me in a headlock and smashing my head against the wall, unecessary I dare say.

And what toppedi t off is that Norwich decided to have the most torrential rain EVER on the way out. Cheers. You win this time.
theoak

Post by theoak »

How long you been playing in Norwich? I used to play a lot up there when I was at uni, from about 1999-2002 i think
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

As if i got hit for watching, and can't hear out of my right ear!
Unbelievable Jeff
milk monitor

Old extreme

Post by milk monitor »

Didn't think these old extremes could be forced = am I wrong?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

completely
justice For The 96
ob

Post by ob »

jolly roger wasnt great to force...!
mjd

Post by mjd »

Treasure chests are worth £50 I think? so always took me a little bit extra.
boom
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Ahh all these people constantly slating the old extremes. They're bloody fantastic, made an absolute heap on these when i was at uni, local arcade had Jolly Roger and Super Pool. Used to roll them 2/3 times a week!

It's actually quite easy to tell when to force Jolly roger too!

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Scott

Post by Scott »

Loved note runners but seemed to get tighter with every clone released.
cashino... great machine.
viper jive used too £100 once a week regularly.
never forced a jolly roger.
double dragon never bothered with.
EDIT.. just to add bubble and squeak, bonus number after J/P for super duper was sweeeet :D
Cobwebs 👆
ob

Post by ob »

tbh jolly roger a number of us played out a few times, with varying results, however most noted that it could easily cost £70+ despite looking happy to start.... in my book, thats enough to merit not playing it

Old extremes were good - noterunner clones - none of that nasty big cost on that, s.demon was a classic machine, cashino great, the cat and mouse one was ok on the original program....

tbh matt, not having a go but you seem to like a variety of what I would consider to be poor machines ie. cash bang wallop etc., super pool, jolly roger, hurricane... I dont think many of the players down here would agree they are good.... is there anything u dont like!!!!!

I can only imagine you've been very lucky on these, or you play them in areas where they have never been forced etc.!!!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh, compared to my current view on Extremes, their first releases were fantastic! Crazy Cashino was brilliant - this was the original 'cashpot going over a few quid = on for the top prize' -ers!

Used to get £75 most weeks from the Iiiiiiiinnnnnnvincibllllllee!

Screamin' Demons was another goodun. What was the method on these, I can't remember now, only saw one once, and it was only around for 3 weeks, but it used to be a good winner!

I feel that they went down hill from there unfortunately, although the Noterunner / Jack and the Beanstreak (how do these guys come up with these names?) / '25' series wasn't the end. (That '25' wouldn't be much cop now with the upping of the JP value)...

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Hmm.....CBW/GGG, i really can't see what everyone's problem is! IMO you have to be blind dumb not to even consider there, as they are a cakewalk to work out where you stand immediately. :?

Cheap boards guaranteed. Dead as a nail if offering Turbo/Pay Rise etc. Take £2-£3 win and leave - nothing lost. Milkable if £4 ready. Highs n lows/cash links etc, just extract all value until Turboing etc, which would often make you £10-£15. £8 ready, can be forced for MS. Granted they are sometimes a bugger, but i've had £100+ from both GGG and CBW forcing out streaks. Still got a GGG here which i often hammer and make a nice amount off.

I guess its all opinion here. JR/SP were non ? collects where i played, which helped. Gold pots open, superboards, £5+ and 5 winspins+ and you'd be fine on JR. Anything over about £8 pot on SP would be enough, £10+ pots was nearly there. 1st chalk was good to test the block, would happily go £5/£7s, or £3 bar when dead. Played them to death so much i could read them inside out! Had £140 odd from JR once (4 x chests for £125 and a few bits, and £110 odd from SP. They were both arcade set, and tops would 8/10 be £50, which was nice. The SP was on 88% as well.....madness, caught that on a coin mech restart! No wonder it played so well! Pub ones can be arsey though, and do £25 or £30 tops and die, which can be tres annoying i agree. People collecting £3 on a ? would ruin it, plus they would like to throw out the phantom £5-£7 board and you could be lulled.

I liked all of them up until 25 and the other one around that time, which weren't as friendly. Beanstreaks were great as well!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

never had an old extreme stop on a flat £25 well only played Viper, Double dragon, jackpot and the bean streak some other thing with acsess codes etc.

Massive streaks much better that most of todays machines.
justice For The 96
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Mattb wrote:Hmm.....CBW/GGG, i really can't see what everyone's problem is! IMO you have to be blind dumb not to even consider there, as they are a cakewalk to work out where you stand immediately. :?

Cheap boards guaranteed. Dead as a nail if offering Turbo/Pay Rise etc. Take £2-£3 win and leave - nothing lost. Milkable if £4 ready. Highs n lows/cash links etc, just extract all value until Turboing etc, which would often make you £10-£15. £8 ready, can be forced for MS. Granted they are sometimes a bugger, but i've had £100+ from both GGG and CBW forcing out streaks. Still got a GGG here which i often hammer and make a nice amount off.
agreed, nice little earners these with little risk.
ob

Post by ob »

Had a few £25's on noterunner clones, it did happen, i.e. if it's given £75, and been refilled the next day, it's gonna be £25 next force - and every plyer would go for one of these full ( if you didnt know it had given £75 the previous day obviously!!!) lets be honest!

I get that you can milk GGG etc. matt, I just think considering profit from this is low; i.e £2 for board, hi/lo's - £5 or so - then its usually dead, or maybe £2 more profit - this doesn't really make me want to go to a pub for one. Idiots milk these all the time - hence they are 90% of the time, £2/3 happy when you get on em - or maybe £2-3 profit!

If they were on high percentages, and offering £8 first board, I could see how it could be profit, but generally I found playing them out from £8 happy gave me money back - and I have forced a load of them, when they came out there was a method that involved knocking back IM's - never really liked the method, but I did always ntoe whilst doing it, that it would cost £40+ to offer a jp board usually.

Jolly roger, I found the top feature to be alot more variable than other extremes - had a few £25's on it, with ok afterplay but still taking a hit on it, I could imagine if they were on a very high percentage they would be ok, but compared with other extreme's they were poor.... "jolly shit" I used to call them when I saw one through the window of a pub lol!!!!

Double dragon was another poor extreme - too costly for the top, so not worth it. Superpool, maybe on 88% would be ok, if happy - but in pubs they were pretty shite.

Overall compared to other machines they are shite, screaming demon/cashino/vamp/reds etc.etc. vs CBW/GGG/jollyshite its just no contest!!!