Goodbye Barcrest........ Bell Fruit to follow?

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
bj

Goodbye Barcrest........ Bell Fruit to follow?

Post by bj »

Scientific Games has announced that its gaming division, which includes The Global Draw, Barcrest and Games Media, will withdraw from the manufacture of analogue AWPs for the UK pub retail sector.

Its gaming division will now focus solely on its digital server-based supply model within this sector.

Based on the combination of prevailing conditions in the pub retail sector and the contracting business for analogue AWP products, Scientific Games concluded that the most sustainable option as a long-term supplier of product to the UK pub retail sector was to focus its game design and other resources solely on a digital server-based supply model.

END..
ADESBEE

Post by ADESBEE »

wounder
SHE IS AN UGLY FUCK FACE PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Bloody Hell Ade. Haven't heard from you in a while!
led

Post by led »

This might prove to be a hasty decision as at the moment pubs are getting rid of these digi units as nobody plays them.
Cf

Post by Cf »

led wrote:This might prove to be a hasty decision as at the moment pubs are getting rid of these digi units as nobody plays them.
I agree. The only digi machines i've seen survive for any length of time are in the spoons, and that'll be simply due to how busy these pubs are. Anywhere else i've seen them last about 2 weeks max.

And thinking about it the only barcrest digital i've seen was that in thing. I thought the production values were actually really good compared to the gamestech one. But it still had the same problem of too many games. Unit only lasted a week however.

What they essentially seem to have done is simply handed the pub market to bellfruit. This seemed odd timing to me as machines such as dublin yer money, crazy trails and clones, and hot hot hots were becoming quite a common feature in pubs. I was used to seeing the majority of machines being bellfruits. Crest were clawing back some more of the market and then decided to pull out. Odd.
Johnny's Amusements

Post by Johnny's Amusements »

Very bad decision from Barcrest.
Visit Johnny's Amusements @ 114 Gorgie Road in Edinburgh & see the newly opened Retro Section featuring old classics from the 70s & 80s like Line Up, Lucky 2s plus loads more !

http://www.johnnysamusements.co.uk