Technologies

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Mr Move It

Technologies

Post by Mr Move It »

I was wondering if anyone knows what technologies certain manufacturers use/used. I know that Vivid and Empire used MPU4/5, same as Barcrest. JPM used Impact, Bellfruit and Mazooma uses Scorpion 4, and Maygay used M1A then Epoch. Red Gaming was presumably MPU5? Barcrest is now on MPU6?

What did Extreme and Impulse use?

What did Global use?

Gaming Media?

Voodoo?

Blueprint Gaming?

What about Rainbow Riches on the 777 cabinets? I'm guessing video slots like 777 just have a normal PC inside it like with some of the quiz machines.

"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

i can teel you exactly what blueprint use, as i have all their 70's games on my laptop, the exact games, but why do you want to know?
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

I'm sorry if it's a touchy subject for you although I'm genuinely interested. I only included Blueprint gaming because I saw one of their machines in a Wetherspoons earlier on this year. I can't remember what it was called but it was largely analogous to Monopoly Road To Riches.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Impulse/Extreme/Global/Maygay(old ones) used Epoch tech
Then Maygay and Global started using Eclipse tech
Games Media were Scorp 4/5 or Eclipse, maybe Epoch
Voodoo probably Scorp 4/5
Triple 777s and new crests/reds are on MPU6
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Thanks Capt'n. Most of my original statements were fairly wrong then :-) I find it interesting that 777 is still MPU-based, as I thought it would have been software running on a PC inside the cabinet, fed to the TFT screen.
ben twilly

Post by ben twilly »

they do have a pc in the screen jobbies like the 777's and its only a touchy subject if you release the coding. lol

they do have mpu5/6 and the pc's run windows usually the network version. the 777's by barcrest run their own coding, called "bpak" files. which is barcrests own style of coding, written by their programmers.

i find it all very interesting the software and systems that they use to run their machines.