£1 box in GATW shocker!

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Mr Move It

£1 box in GATW shocker!

Post by Mr Move It »

What it says on the tin.

I had a punt on the £35 version of Walk of Wealth. The Banker's symbol landed and it offered me Deal or No Deal. I dealt at this, and therefore the game commences with phones active. Noel said GATW, the phones went red and the title was flashing constantly. The subsequent DOND game offered jackpot after every round like it does on a GATW. I ended up with 2 blues. A few lamps were out, so I figured that the MS lamp was also out but MS still being in play. Jackpot still offered, therefore I no-dealt once more. Open the box please, Noel said, and there it was, £1! If it was any consolation for me, the £1 did repeat once, and then Noel of course says Oh how do you feel? Slightly less than chuffed I'd say. I ended up chasing losses and after £30 in, I gave up. Not all is doom and gloom though because I did well on the Crazy Chair 2 days back.

I thought the system was just to play out the DOND game until you're left with MS, so is Walk of Wealth an exception? Should I've just played the board game? Or did the machine well and truly crash out on me? Granted, I've had AWPs freeze and reset on me like regular computers do, but this was somewhat a bug if it was one!

On a slightly different note - does the Dream Factory have a GATW? I noticed that DOND on that machine doesn't have the MS symbol so I guess you'd have to play out the board game.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Collecting The phones is a feature just like collecting say winstepper or cash combo, So when the machine says Go All the Way it means keep going all the way, don't collect anything and eventually you'll get Megastreak.

Granted the majority of DOND's still give the MS from the phone game on a GATW board, but I just never understood why anyone would risk playing the phone game when on a GATW board.

Live and learn unfortunately mate.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Ahhh thanks. I truly didn't know that!

Crazy Chair is easy because the figures are LED/digits and they all say £70 on a GATW. Although some DONDs aren't digits-based, I did successfully play out the Deal game and got MS on Beat the Banker, the Power 5, the 4-reeler and What's In Your Box. So while it's likely, I'm learning from today's encounter that phones isn't the 100% certain route.

Thanks again dude :-)
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this really does happen to people. I will be the first to say that on some machines I do indeed play the phone game on a GATW because sometimes I like a little crack at the one where you hit the different values rather than the reels just spinning £1 wins in for hours lol, but this has never happend to me before, it has alway been the highest value everytime. Gutted for you mate, I bet the bastard repeated the box loads on you aswell to make the next GATW board shit more expensive, twat. :x :x :x
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Box spins before you take the game. Maybe it makes up its mind differently on these ones
Nixxy

Re: £1 box in GATW shocker!

Post by Nixxy »

Mr Move It wrote:On a slightly different note - does the Dream Factory have a GATW? I noticed that DOND on that machine doesn't have the MS symbol so I guess you'd have to play out the board game.
It does have a GATW on Dream Factory - but it doesn't say Go All The Way on the alpha.

You know when you're about to get it as the turbo gamble will say 'guaranteed win' on every gamble - you just have to remember to exchange onto the board before you get to £70. The logo top-left flashes away like mad, every cash/feature shot is red, and it usually only takes one press of the button to land on Mega Shot --> MS.

Like you said - don't play the DOND game as you can't get MS from it. I've had 210 from the red MS a couple of times on Dream Factory.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Thanks Nixxy. I've seen the "guaranteed win" on the alpha up to about £4 max, so I'll keep an eye out on that. I still play a £70 Dream Factory most weeks :-)
darren

Post by darren »

Yeah its because it spins the box on this before you play the game, and therefore had span £1 before deciding to GATW. The same applys on the likes of hot property if you were to hi-lo for red phones. I remember a thread about this before.
kong

Post by kong »

Darren has it spot on. Mr MI, from your first post, you took DOND from the seal, it span the reel, stuck a quid in the box then the board started with the GATW. Harsh that it didn't come back though!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

dont be tempted to press cash or bust on a GATW either... lol
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Thanks Darren/Kong. That is very clear :-)

Spyder - that's curious about Cob'ing a GATW. I presume you tried it, and it lands on anything except MS, with "bust" being the most likely outcome! It's an interesting thought though.
Scott

Post by Scott »

CYBTB
Cobwebs 👆
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Scott wrote:CYBTB
not if you cob an im.. lol
mooster

Post by mooster »

Nixxy wrote:
Mr Move It wrote:On a slightly different note - does the Dream Factory have a GATW? I noticed that DOND on that machine doesn't have the MS symbol so I guess you'd have to play out the board game.
It does have a GATW on Dream Factory - but it doesn't say Go All The Way on the alpha.

You know when you're about to get it as the turbo gamble will say 'guaranteed win' on every gamble - you just have to remember to exchange onto the board before you get to £70. The logo top-left flashes away like mad, every cash/feature shot is red, and it usually only takes one press of the button to land on Mega Shot --> MS.
I had "random stoppa" from bonus on Dream Factory a while ago and missed the £70, I felt sick... stopped it on £4, then it gave the Guaranteed Win all the way to the top, phew. The unit I played got to £70 and then auto exchanged to the top I think for mega streak from 1st shot? I think....!
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Nixxy wrote:It does have a GATW on Dream Factory - but it doesn't say Go All The Way on the alpha.

I'm just dropping by to say thanks again Nixxy for this tip. My local Dream Factory did exactly what you said today. MS went for a flat £70 then collected a £7 cash meter for afterplay with my remaining credits.