Astra's party time arena £25

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
MATT99

Post by MATT99 »

thecannonball89 wrote:vauxhall camp in yarmouth any one been there? made 900 in 2days.
yeah i went there years ago, not bad usually. always good to make money. dont need pass to go in really. but they might do now ???
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

yeah you can walk in the camp no probs but when your in the arcade its hard to stay in there,i only got in there for a weekend as i was staying there,you can stay there for a £10er a night if you take your own tent.
And its easy money!
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Easy to get in the 18 area cos its bordered off from the rest with the new gaming law, once your in your in :)
pat624

Post by pat624 »

I used to manage all the single site slots at Butlins Bognor Regis in the 90s, great times, high %s and even though they were £3 cash jackpots i could still make 200+ a week, also the quicksilver arcades there had great "do-able" machines too.

Has it changed much? , I lived on the site for 3 years as gaming supervisor, but was allowed to play the machines as well, no been back since.

We used to have BFM party times. round the town, cops n robbers. the roll, redwhiteblue, all the single site machines were on 88% and the gave a good game for yer money.

The manufacturers have spoiled everything these days , 50p play and £35 jackpots , boring games that cost £10+ for a board, sction 21s , £10 a spin, lack of imagination in all the games. the only people left playing now seem to be addicts and pros.

The casual player expects some fun for his money, most would rather put 2 or 3 punds in a quiz machine and have 15 mins of fun playing than see there money gone in under a min in a fruity, with not even a board or a sniff of a win.

The manus should go back to lower stakes and lower jackpots , with good playability to win back the casual punter, failing this the whole industry is doomed
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

my experience of butlins minehead is a bit different ,since ive been in the town(10 years) rank, gamestec and now leisure projects(a division of leisure link) have had the fruity contract , L projects as far as i know have a 45/55 % split in butlins favour with regards to takings,they therefore have a crummy payout % ,no more than 76% (try keying one ) .however the machines do payout well due to the fact the skyline(giant all weather tent) teams with grockels morning to night, butlins is indeed one great big arcade ,there are fruits bl##dy everywhere,although if you peruse their brochure you would be unaware of this coz it aint good for their image.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Ahh, a resident of Minehead.

Is that Viper Jive still by the door of the arcade next to the Co-Op?
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

nixxy the arcade in question was called olympia until about 8 years ago it it now electric avenue and a subway! it was ok until they halfed it in size to make way for the much more profitable sandwich franchise,its owned by jews and not a bagel in site and neither is the machine you mention.they did however have an unchipped chip n spin for about a fortnight :P
JakeyC

Post by JakeyC »

So, Mr Lugsy - an assistant manager in Minehead?

That would make you an employee of either Mr Kravis or of whoever owns Merlins now?

Are you Pete? If not, I see he's still in K's. Lots of memories there, lots of memories. I remember Olympia before Marcus took it over. Right near to Jonny Welch's Kwik-Save where BBE dates meant nothing. Also remember going to the Regal where we had to be quiet before he'd allow the film to be shown.

Those were the days!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

jake im not pete but know him well ,iwork at merlins ,johny welches closed down, a run on salmonella decimating the oap population brought a swift end to his monopoly on 3 week old "fresh " cream cakes. the regal now shows only party political broadcasts on behalf of the kravis family who are the towns version of the sopranos ,and are on the council, butlins employs 79.6% of the population of eastern europe , and the strand cafe have still not reburished their authentic 1960's diner.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Lugsy is your brother down in bognor now? got a few players from minehead staying in butlins for a week.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

my bruv is based in felixstowe and hardly ventures further abroad these days. there is indeed a few minehead massive in bognor this week as mineheads camp is full of god squad. che (shay) is one of them,told me last week he was going,hes a local house dj/player,and gets some good info.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Yeah been with that lot today, good lads and seem to know what there doing aswell.