Empire's Midas Touch Paradox

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
JakeyC

Empire's Midas Touch Paradox

Post by JakeyC »

Played one of my first Empire machines the other week since their heyday (Haunted House, Money Spinner, The Gambler et. al.).

It was Midas Touch (clone of Cannonball Run and possibly Clockwork Oranges?) £35 jackpot, 30p/50p play. Three Midas Touch symbols in view give a feature similar to the Crazy Fruits 3 keys, in that the reels spin, pay table lights up each symbol until 3 of the same are lit and the feature pays that win and then hopefully continues for more of the same.

The difference between the 30p and 50p stakes is that in addition to 'nudge up' you also get a multiplier on the feature wins - x2, x3, x4 or x5. Initially this looked quite attractive, as the top two wins are £35 and £10.

I don't see how they can offer a multiplier when the Jackpot can be won from the feature - not even for 2x, let alone 5x (£175!!) as this would make the 'largest prize available in any one game' more than the Jackpot itself.

Therefore, selecting 50p play guarantees you won't get the jackpot off the feature (admittedly, it might streak for longer) but the multiplier is a bit misleading, no?

Seeing as the % isn't increased by 50p play, what's the advantage?

That said, I had 150 coins in the tray after £40 in so no complaints ...yet. And no, the coins weren't pennies.