bucks bunny, money spider, beat the banker, gladiator

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
tootat

bucks bunny, money spider, beat the banker, gladiator

Post by tootat »

firstly, re-opened local near me has just got in bucks bunny and beat the banker. iv come to realise BB is just a machine to take small wins and collect or wait til some pissed up muppet or the throws all his coinage in and only goes for jp to impress his girlfriend. put in 20 took out 45 only in small wins but hey it all counts right :) iv read in here that there may be some kind of a method for clones like this i.e billy the quid but i dont seem to have found them as yet.

anyway, moved onto btb, played on 50p stake didnt do much except cash or busted for 15 quid so swapped to 30p stake which did a little better which i was surprised at to be honest, didnt do brilliant but cob'd and got 25 so moved onto next pub.

money spider is a proper pile of shite, just ended up collecting small wins and just about broke even so thought id have a crack at gladiator which i haven't really had a lot of playability on but with all these hi-lo pieces of junk no way it'l force unless you have countless dollars in your pocket, which i didnt so collected a few cashpots (8 and 10 quid) from middle and repeated twice or three times and then walked away. reckon il just wait for some other moocher to pile it in and have another go tonight.

dont know if its just me but lately the new(ish) machines around have gotten crap and pretty much unplayable, dont get me wrong i love playing feature machines but with them not often actually giving a feature board out i am getting a little disheartened. if anyone has any tips to watch out for on any of the above mentioned machines it would be greatly appreciated. pm if you want as i know there are a lot of proper professionals on here :lol:
Oli

Post by Oli »

All of those machines are pretty poo. I woulnd't even have bothered to play Money Spider or Bucks Bunny. Beat the Banker is ok but like all the Deal Or No Deals they sting £6 - £10 for a board. (Unless some randomer has stuck £5 in and then just walked away).

I've not played Gladiator yet but i find that the triple high-low machines are not that bad. (It would almost certainly cost less to force them than DOND, Money Spider or any of the Games Media machines).

I would have tried a couple of boards on Beat the Banker, and then moved on to Gladiator. I would have left Bucks Bunny and Money Spider well alone.

All new machines are getting worse, yes.
streaky bacon?
bowie

Post by bowie »

I had a Gladiator, found it was quite a nice machine, didn't force it but found it quite liked to repeat 8-9 pound cashpots.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

dont money spiders play same as warped?
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

betchrider wrote:dont money spiders play same as warped?
Others will disagree with me, but I would say no.

I would put Juggling Jackpots, Money Spider, Return of the Jackpots together in one corner and Warped, Gold Rush, Money Magic etc together in the other.

The Money Spiders tend to hold back bigger, more drawn-out streaks in my experience whereas the Warped clones - on which you CAN control whether or not the top feature is red or not after exchanging in - seem to follow a more obvious pattern.

Money Spider seems to give lots of boards where you're offered most of the prizes available but it simply won't give you the opportunity to exchange in on boards where Money Spider is lit red. The result seems to be that even after you've been offered Big Money, £15 shot and all the features have been emilinated, it takes a long long time for it to progress to offering red Money Spider. Once it does, it leaves you feeling you've paid far too much for it but it goes £105 with a JP board straight after. Same with the very few £35 Juggling Jackpots machines out there.

Compare this style with Warped and Gold Rush, where I'd have to say it's a little easier to tell whereabouts you are in terms of distance from the red Top Feature. With these, you needn't worry about the exchange because when it's getting ready to pop, it'll throw the bonus square at you more often and you can use the bonus to get everything lit red. As has been said before, the offering of red MS and red 5 Superstrikes, aswell as the £5 square on the Cashpot level is the key to these.

Only trouble is you simply can't be sure just what the streak will give you.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
no name

Post by no name »

hmmmmmmmmm
_delIDE0-2F4B2009_0x0000F9
ob

Post by ob »

all those machines are rubbish, as for you nixxy, I still don't get why you rate those clones, too unpredicatable for my liking. Besides you NEVER walk onto one offering the £5 cash square/5 strikes etc. this is only when uve put a stack in!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Heh yeah, i can count on one hand the amount of times i've gone up to any of these and found them offering anything above 2 strikes/moonshine madness. You can get the odd £5-£8 board thrown in for good measure, but unless that offers 4 strikes+ in the top shelf you can't even think about chasing it. If you do, i'd advise a float of £250 to make sure!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I'd disagree here and say that you often 'can' walk onto these machines and find em not far off £40 for a £105 top. But will say that they are 'unpredictable' unless they are 5SS / MS'ing... :?

This was obviously a complete one-off, but the other Thursday, a chum and me were in a pub that had a Warped, and some old boy was playing it - he'd put about £20 in and then finished his half and left the pub. We went over, put £1 in each, and got red Warped for £105! First board, Advance bonus, on a 1. Super shot 1 gave us a planet, super shot 2 gave the red Warped. Lovely stuff...

:lol:
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

In that case we'll all get ourselves down to Gravesend! £40 for a £105? I can honestly say that's never happened to me once on a GM machine. I've had 2 £105s, one was for a £110 hit, the other for £50 profit. Once in god knows how many months!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Come down mate! There's so many munters around here, it's untrue! lol
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

ob wrote:all those machines are rubbish, as for you nixxy, I still don't get why you rate those clones, too unpredicatable for my liking.
Ob, you don't seem to want to accept that there may be people out there with a view which happens to be different to yours.

The question I was answering was about whether Money Spider plays similarly to Warped, and the point you seem to be making is, er, nothing to do with that.

There're machines that you talk about on here which I personally wouldn't play, but I don't subsequently make a post suggesting that the machine is rubbish and then question you for liking it. I think it may be better if you'd accept that you alone do not get the casting vote over whether a game is officially 'good' or 'rubbish'.
ob wrote:Besides you NEVER walk onto one offering the £5 cash square/5 strikes etc. this is only when uve put a stack in!
You're absolutely right there Ob. But again, that WASN'T the question! We'd all like to walk up to machines offering those prizes - just as we'd all like to walk up to Reds showing ARB1 all the time, Extremes showing a £5 start, and so on ... but it's very rare that any of us ever does.

Matt V - you jammy so and so :wink:
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh - I'm not that jammy mate, I have to make do with what I can now, saving the pennies for the up and coming family addition. It's just nice when you do approach a machine and it's playing well from the off. There are so many times when you don't get lucky, but there are also a good few times when you do... ;)

I'd also agree with your groupings there, of these machines. There are difference, subtle they may be, but they are still there... ;)
ob

Post by ob »

Nixxy wrote:
Ob, you don't seem to want to accept that there may be people out there with a view which happens to be different to yours.

Answer: Fair point

The question I was answering was about whether Money Spider plays similarly to Warped, and the point you seem to be making is, er, nothing to do with that.

Answer: Erm, perhaps warped is slightly better yes, still crap tho

There're machines that you talk about on here which I personally wouldn't play, but I don't subsequently make a post suggesting that the machine is rubbish and then question you for liking it. I think it may be better if you'd accept that you alone do not get the casting vote over whether a game is officially 'good' or 'rubbish'.

Answer: which machines are you referring to here?
:
See edits for comments, nixxy as one of the most experienced players on here I think I am in a good position to judge :P