Rock Around the Clock - 100% bonfire fodder

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Texas Pete

Rock Around the Clock - 100% bonfire fodder

Post by Texas Pete »

Haven't posted for a bit, but I was so appalled by this machine that I had to have a rant.

After getting a couple of £50 tops on some Red's around my way I was in a reasonably upbeat mood and had some time to kill, so after putting a few quid through this vivid offering (which was backing and seemed to be playing pretty well), I thought I'd put my prejudices aside and go for a force. Of course in hindsight, ramming a broken pint glass into my face would have been a less painful experience.

After £90 of what can only be described as the most soul-destroying dog shit I have witnessed for years, this hellish machine finally had the decency to offer me £12 on the cash trail. Funnily enough this didn't strike me as a particularly good deal. Eventually I was forced to leave in a hurry, which was (bizzarely) probably for the best as JP still appeared to be miles off, and I've seen modern vivids give a flat £25 more times than I care to mention.

Obviously I can only blame myself for this travesty, but what in JESUS CHRIST'S NAME are the programmers at Vivid thinking when they produce this crap? I would rather have recycled £3 through a Bellfruit for a solid 30 minutes than endure this horror show.

I left the pub honestly wanting to murder someone, it wasn't the size of the loss, just the manner in which I'd lost it. It felt like I'd just stood there gormlessly pumping pound after pound into a big metal box labelled 'LANDLORDS HOLIDAY FUND'. Needless to say I won't be playing one of these again in a hurry......although I do intend to vandalise it every time I'm in that pub until the god-forsaken thing dissapears.

That is all.
Cardinal Sin

Re: Rock Around the Clock - 100% bonfire fodder

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Texas Pete wrote: Of course in hindsight, ramming a broken pint glass into my face would have been a less painful experience.
:D :D

But in all seriousness (and I've had a good piss and moan about various machines before), it must pay out the same percentage as any other machine in there (assuming it isn't dodgy). It'll just do it when you're not there :wink:
Scott

Post by Scott »

Vivids aint what they used too be, 4/5 years back i used too make brilliant money on the old uns. when i check a pub now i look straight threw the shit vivid have out now.

last vivid i played was a honey money, at least i went out on a high :D
Cobwebs 👆
harry13.50

Post by harry13.50 »

Vivid R.I.P

Vivid stopped making hi-tec awp's thankfully.

Always wondered why people even bothered played em,aprt from the pub regulars,addicts that would play ANYTHING.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Long time no, erm, post! Hope you're well (apart from this experience!!)

I think the last Vivid I played was some shabby thing called 'Back to the Features'. That was about two years back, and I haven't bothered since. The machines look crap, sound crap, and from the feedback and reports on here, just ARE crap!

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
nigeswindon25

Post by nigeswindon25 »

isnt rock around the clock more or less a clone of back to features,
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

I played one of these about a year ago
You get discs on it i think
You can nudge them in
Get them twice for IM

Only the one i played i got 2 red and got enough nudges to bring the third down
Yes i thought nice and easy after only £5 in- wrong
The right nudge button had stopped working :o ops:

Hit it hard loads of times no reaction
Luckily about £10 later it gave the JP from the shot
Did not repeat
Not seen one since but very very dull tbh
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Quality post, Texas Pete - and bloody accurate!

I view this machine as Barcrest Group's attempt to get back some of their Lucky Strike losses. It's a crock of shite.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

pot repeats though
justice For The 96
harry13.50

Post by harry13.50 »

anfield road wrote:pot repeats though
So it should after a couple of hundred thro it !!
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

I actually liked this?

None of the players here hit it, so after 2 weeks, if it was full(ish) it would be worth a force.

Often had it streak for £100+

You always get either 1/2/3/4 JPs followed by a £8-12 board after.

You have to work for IM tho, nudge it in yourself, its normally there. A slow bonus means your in :)
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

ive only played it once but im going to agree with dunhamz here, took 106 out of my local one last week from 3 IM's then boxes...

did two 25's then a 25 plus rpt..i nearly dropped my beer, i knew these could do it but just never seen it...every spin was just shots or nudges...not ONE lose...did get one die from the ? but let me rock again...ive played many a vivid and i totally agree in general they are shit but if u got one where you know you could check it every so often and only really go for it once ofering a tenner plus then all should be good.
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Even if offering a tenner, they can be a stubborn force, not a machine for forcers.
danthedude66

Post by danthedude66 »

my first 100 streak was on this and had a seventy five couple of days later
like this m/c
but wouldnt buy a drink to play one in a pub
i hate swede
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

Wondered where you had got to Texas, you haven't posted for a while. I hate this machine with a vengance too. It takes ages to force with no real return so must of been unlucky as appossed to ssgtsnelly and dunz.

Has anyone else made the mistake of collecting Rock Around The Clock from the feature shots thinking it was top feature only to be given £2? Or am I the only stupid one! :o ops: