DOND - The Dream Factory

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

red boxing doesn't mean it's ready though! Get your DOND open....if it lands on CC and changes the bottom two its nearly always just a tenner blocked board with an awful phone game if you take it. Readiness is it changing the top values..
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Yep - I had frequent boards where there were 5+ £35s on the right hand side, but still ended up with a shoddy £5-£10 final take. It finally went when I had £35s all up the right-hand side and 2 on the left! Yes, that was a £35. Heh-heh. Should've just whacked it for the top and then a few COBs really... Oh well, live and learn... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

should have just had one board then ran a mile? board, cob, go.
Unbelievable Jeff
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

Mega Streaked DF today for flat £35. Collected, no money came out. Put my hand under the slot to feel a wad of metal, about £60 in coins fell out that was subsequinently stuck. Pocketed, collected the £35 and ran like hell.
JG

Post by JG »

On the flip side today I played a DF next to a dead Cluedo. It required 10p to play, so I played, boarded, collected £4 and got a PAY UNIT ERR 17 for a 10p loss as I couldn't be faffed with a £4 IOU.
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

Mattb wrote:red boxing doesn't mean it's ready though! Get your DOND open....if it lands on CC and changes the bottom two its nearly always just a tenner blocked board with an awful phone game if you take it. Readiness is it changing the top values..
Catch it when it's red boxing, (hold 1 for last game info) holdx3 get DOND, get a half decent offer and deal.

Et violet for a quick £15.

But yeah, it doesn't mean it's ready, just means you can get a quick DOND board.
ob

Post by ob »

Shaggerty wrote:
Mattb wrote:red boxing doesn't mean it's ready though! Get your DOND open....if it lands on CC and changes the bottom two its nearly always just a tenner blocked board with an awful phone game if you take it. Readiness is it changing the top values..
Catch it when it's red boxing, (hold 1 for last game info) holdx3 get DOND, get a half decent offer and deal.

Et violet for a quick £15.

But yeah, it doesn't mean it's ready, just means you can get a quick DOND board.
These can do this "red boxing" and not actually give you the game easily, same with the big deal DOND, ie. you are forced to get a board on the white boxes and this is not a DOND board... then after the red box doesn't return - I wouldn't say this is uncommon either....

Long since stopped playing these clones though, nasty beasts, along with 95% of bfm machines made in the past few years. Went into a pub for a hilo today, only to have bought drinks (machines in back bit, btw not that pub with double DOND and red alert to those who I bet think this is the pub I mean) and it was off! Whilst finishing my drink played a "it's your show" DOND a board, which was a phones ready board, typically its £1 so you have to play on etc.etc., luckily £30 in and I got the mega streak in the box for £52 - but it just goes to show how those poor DOND machines pull you into a session where you have to get very lucky to make even when they are DOND happy.

Those DOND's that don't have a "numbers in view" style board entry I have not played in months (bar obvious exceptions), as I have long tired off a £10+ board cost for a £2 board and bust on COB... those that do are still awful dross, which I very rarely play boards on, but at least they dont constantly cost £10+ for boards.
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

Sorry to bump this all the way up....

My friend got a GATW on Dream Factory today.
Well, it never said GATW, it just have 'Garenteed Win' at every turbo gamble up the £70 and it auto exhanged onto mega shot for mega streak.

Flat £70.
I remember someone asking a while back about GATW on this machine, there's your anwer, me thinks. :-)
Firefox

Post by Firefox »

I think everything went red when I got GATW on this.

once!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

The (pretty small) logo in the top left corner flashes too. ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

Has anyone taken the "better" features on this? ie "beat the banker" "walk of wealth" "hot money"? now i know if its offering these features its in the mood for a force for megastreak, but ive only been offered them on im board or when ive had over 30 in the cashpot so never taken them, anyone took them?
insert 20p to play
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

Hot Money is nearest sevens on super I believe?
Never taken the others. Always go for a force/take the DOND with loads of blues eliminated. Depends how long I can be bothered to play one for. :|
DJJamesMtn

Post by DJJamesMtn »

Think I said this elsewhere - if it's playing you can just gamble up the ladder to £70 and it then exchanges for the MS in the Dream Factory feature board.

Both times I've seen it though it's been flat £70.

It's not got a CoB so if you land a Hazard you're likely fucked sideways. If it's blatantly not gonna rinse I tend to just take an Open The Box, which you can get a good £40-£45 out of.

Most of the time I get fucking skinned alive on DF.
mooster

Post by mooster »

Had the above just now - bonus, random stoppa, missed the £70 as wasn't expecting it (!!!), it then gave "guaranteed win" all the way to £70 - which then gives you an IM. Flat £70 MS of course. :D

Was seriously gutted when I missted the £70... ouch - feared the worse when I started out at a lowly £2 but relieved it gave guaranteed win all the way to the top!

Had a £70 out of a Take It or Leave It from the feature shots before hand - couldn't believe my eyes! :shock:
silent g

Post by silent g »

dint say nuffin!
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)