Whats your biggest win or sucess stories on the fobt?

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

dont take this the wrong way stonk m8 ,,,,,,,,, congratulations on your win ,,,,,,,

happy for you ,,,,,,, its nice to hear

but it's the worse thing that could have happened to you

i know that sounds irish , but bear with me

your not playing a percentage based machine , with your ( knowledge , skills , discipline ) etc , giving you your consistent daily edge etc

your playing a game (rigged or not ) where the odds are heavily stacked against you, a game of chance at best , ( a rigged heavily in their favour game at worst) where you have no control over the outcome ,

the trouble is , a large win can give you a false sense of invulnerability , and you go back time after time thinking you can repeat the success .

believe it or not , the bookies actually want you to have a large win from time to time .

in one post you say your giving em up , but in another youve been at em for 11 months.

some of the other posters doubted your win

i didn't ,,,,,,,,,, but i doubt you wont be tempted by the win to go back .
Little discipline = BIG issue

stonking run

Post by stonking run »

trayhop123 wrote:dont take this the wrong way stonk m8 ,,,,,,,,, congratulations on your win ,,,,,,,

happy for you ,,,,,,, its nice to hear

but it's the worse thing that could have happened to you

i know that sounds irish , but bear with me

your not playing a percentage based machine , with your ( knowledge , skills , discipline ) etc , giving you your consistent daily edge etc

your playing a game (rigged or not ) where the odds are heavily stacked against you, a game of chance at best , ( a rigged heavily in their favour game at worst) where you have no control over the outcome ,

the trouble is , a large win can give you a false sense of invulnerability , and you go back time after time thinking you can repeat the success .

believe it or not , the bookies actually want you to have a large win from time to time .

in one post you say your giving em up , but in another youve been at em for 11 months.

some of the other posters doubted your win

i didn't ,,,,,,,,,, but i doubt you wont be tempted by the win to go back .
Thats a very fair point tray mate. And yes i am obiousley over the moon with the win mate. I agree the odds are stacked against you i mean they would not be makeing billions and billions with their not being a margin edge. Yes i have played on and off really over the course off 11 months i could play twice in 1 week but not play in 5 without even thinking about it really. And yes thats what i have been saying to myself and i have seen a few good friends who had big wins in the past and went back lost their profits and alot more chaseing again so i should no not to. And thats why i have put the cash away and also put the money to good use give my mum and dad a share and got myself some ashes tickets. Not only that mate i walk pass laddies every day and did so today and saturaday night while it was still open and the thought did cross my mind but no money no cash card and thinking do i want to give laddies my money back for the sake off a outside possibleity that i can make another bit off dosh. Nah not for me mate i am DONE.
Jackrack

Post by Jackrack »

my mate started with £20 in a fobt the other day, and won £400.

a different time he started with 20, lost, then another 20, lost then another, then got to £100.

He hasn't lost yet, and i keep telling him he is realllllly going to get stung bad soon but he won't listen to me..
prizeguy

Post by prizeguy »

aye will lose quite a bit one day as I learnt playing these things no matter how much you won in a day or in a week etc one bad day you could lose it all and more, cant believe how bad yoused to be on these. worse thing what happened to me was I had a couple of months on them last year where it seemed I could not lose reckon won 5k in 2 months. Of course that streak ended, big wins just ultimately mean you will chase more in the future. Yoused to watch some guy play 100 quid a spin which meant even winning the max 498 odd or whatever on a spin, didnt matter as was only 5 spins and quickly table limits catch.

Dont want to start the argument but from 2 years of playing I would probably now say they are random, would probably be less wicked if were rigged at least you could probably work out when worth playing and force them etc. So I would say random i.e computer doesnt deliberate give number to knack your bet but I reckon the RNG must have numbers in blocks (too many to ever suss out) it goes through then moves to other blocks/pools of numbers

Will say though dont see these getting played as much these days certainly the roulette anyway.