2014 Epsom Derby

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Ruler of The World

2014 Epsom Derby

Post by Ruler of The World »

Please remember that I am 100% on picking Derby winners so far! Yes, 1/1!

I realise I am late this time but there are reasons for this... and I still haven't decided but I've narrowed it down to 8 so far!

Australia (13/8 )
True Story (6/1)
Kingston Hill (16/1)
Night of Thunder (20/1)
Orchestra (20/1)
Snow Sky (25/1)
Century (66/1)
and the one I fancy the most, if he runs, Romsdal who is 16/1 - not even sure if he is entered for it yet since only 1 bookmaker is offering odds on him (Paddy Power).

There are a few more Derby Trials to come so it may become even more confusing. I don't think its as simple as backing the favourite although he does seem to be pretty solid form wise. Usually the Dante Stakes winner is considered the most likely candidate to win the derby and True Story and Kingston Hill will run in that.

I won't be advising any winners until all the trials are run. There is a trial today at Leopardstown in which Geoffery Chaucer and Fascinating Rock run - they are both around 20/1 at the moment.

At this point in time, I think Century has a great chance as he will probably be ridden by Ryan Moore whereas the useless Joseph O'Brien is sure to ride Australia. However, I consider Romsdal to have been given a shit ride, just denied a victory over Century at Chester last week, therefore, with a run, must have a great chance of turning the tables on him - despite having the services of another useless handicap of a jockey, William Buick sure to be booked for the ride. New Approach was Romsdal's owner's last great horse and Derby winner in 2008, it would be nice to see those green and black colours back winning the race.

Oh and quite a few of the contenders are related to my namesake, but that happens every year as Galileo is a super-stud these days.

Will keep you updated...
deadeye

Post by deadeye »

think your getting century and orchestra mixed up there ruler
Ruler of The World

OMG! You're right! Yes it was Orchestra, same colours, jockey and owners as Century and Ruler of The World! Century was the one who was behind the inferior Kingfisher and ran on well after a pathetic early pace was set.
Ruler of The World

Well, what a surprise! Not only did Geoffrey Chaucer fail miserably in the Leopardstown Derby Trial, young prick Joseph O'Brien failed to get a single winner on the entire card. Manning and Smullen are infinitely better jockeys, this little fool is like having a leg off a horse. Again, I didn't have a bet! It suits me to know when he's on a horse who I think could be dangerous to one I fancy because I rule it out more easily. Any course or race that requires any sort of skill other than going in a straight line and whipping, forget him because he can't manage more than that!
Ruler of The World

Honestly, what the fuck was he doing on this????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjt8snH8Qn8

Unbeaten record down the drain! Thank God he never rode Frankel!
Ruler of The World

No Kingston Hill in the Dante means True Story will go off as favourite and should win easily, making him clear 2nd favourite. I think Kingston Hill has a major chance. Geoffrey Chaucer has been backed in after people are realising what an absolutely shambolic ride that prick gave him but I'd still expect Romsdal to beat him if he runs. Big IF! Still only Paddy quoting a price at the moment...
Ruler of The World

We can rule out True Story despite they fact that he got a shit ride, clearly it wasn't a good race and The Grey Gatsby won't be winning the derby. Anyone who wants to back either of them can have 100/1 with me.
Ruler of The World

Don't understand why Geoffrey is being backed so heavily but I now think its either Romsdal if he is supplemented or whichever one of the O'Brien lot is ridden by Ryan Moore... or Australia. But let's wait... still some time left...
Ruler of The World

OK so the supplementing has been done for Romsdal now and I'm going with him at 25/1 each way. I also recommend backing Orchestra each at 20/1. Australia will probably win the race but I'm not backing that at evens when the horse hasn't won anything better than the 2 I just mentioned.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Many a good thing hasn't handled the unique gradients and undulations of Epsom. Tenby was an odds on shot when it got beat by stablemate Commander In Chief.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Ruler of The World

They keep hyping up this Australia - if he was that amazing a horse he would have pissed the guineas. Yes he could well win but I'd rather be on a long shot at long shot odds than a hype shot at 5/4!
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Ruler of the World v Cirrus des Aigles in the Coronation Cup as well on Saturday.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Ruler of The World

I think we know who will win that one. Ruler won't be match fit :( cirrus having no bollocks has made his owners almost as rich as he would be if he was a stud! Might do me each way :)
Electrocoinist

Post by Electrocoinist »

Australia won't win the Derby.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Alan Brazil says he will.

I'm on.