2014 Tips

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Yep only backed him for 2 reasons, front runner and Hughes. If Hughes wasn't on I would have backed the favourite!
Ruler of The World

3.10 Deauville MISS FRANCE 3/1
Why this is 2nd fav in a 4 horse race is beyond me - there is a line of form they are using to justify it which is absolutely ridiculous as we know how inconsistent racehorses can be but for the record, the horse they are using as a yardstick, Rizeena was beaten 4 lengths by Miss France (the 1000 Guineas winner) and 2 lengths by Integral! The favourite, Integral, is really nothing special.
Goodwood was a disaster especially considering the Ace up my sleeve I thought I had, Intrinsic, I ended up going against because I was so far behind using my shitty tactics to try to catch up in 1 day but I have delivered a nice double in the past week in Taghrooda and Kingman which worked out as a 6/1 winner.
Ruler of The World

Well, she beat Integral but the 12/1 outsider of the field beat her... 4 horse races always stink! They almost got Kingman beat in 1 at Goodwood!
Ruler of The World

I am advising something sneaky here... Sunday... Prix Jacques Le Marois...
Go to Ladbrokes and back Olympic Glory each way at 9/2 - make sure they pay you 1-2 places... there are currently 7 runners... prices are 1/3 Kingman, 9/2 Olympic Glory and 8/1, 14/1, 14/1, 66/1, 66/1. Basically no chance horses. I don't think Olympic Glory will beat Kingman but I do think there is a chance of Kingman not running in which case you would get awful odds on the certain runner and winner, Olympic Glory. There are no rule 4's in ante post betting, you have to use it to your advantage. Worst case scenario, you make a tiny profit for your stake as each way is settled at 1/4 the odds. Could be nice if best case scenario happens. Free bet, basically.
Ruler of The World

Stupid ride by Dettori, 3rd.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Ruler, were you on spa's pusher before kesh jumped on?! ;)
Going skint....
Ruler of The World

3.25 Longchamp Sunday
RULER OF THE WORLD! 11/4 in a 6 horse race! Not fav! Hmmmm... could lack race fitness... might pass this time...
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

time to load up on it then! ;)
Going skint....
Ruler of The World

I had a little win on, enough to feed me for a week or 2. Should I keep the avatar of him in the old colours or should I update them?
Ruler of The World

Oh, no one cares!

Well, here are 3 tips for the Cambridgeshire (3.50 Newmarket):

1. The favourite (Cornrow) CANNOT win! Fake favourite, has done nothing worthy of winning this - not that its a top class race but there's simply nothing to justify a ridiculous price like 7/1, William Buick is useless enough steering a horse in a small field so forget about him pulling a miracle out of the bag in a cavalry charge!
2. The other John Gosden/Princess Haya of Jordan owned horse, Maverick Wave, has a far better chance of winning and can be backed at 20/1.
3. My fancy is QUEENSBURY RULES (top price 16/1), ridden by the brilliant RYAN MOORE. I think it is well worth backing that and its worth having a punt on all of his rides today in some sort of each way bet.

If Cornrow wins, I'll never tip a horse again.