I wasn't born two days before tomorrow you know

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
JG

I wasn't born two days before tomorrow you know

Post by JG »

Boss! Boss! I just make £2000 over there. Give me £3 and I turn it into £200 for you.

Would you

A) politely smile, humour him and walk on
B) give him £30 to turn into 2k (or even the £3!)
C) Bang him out there and then for insulting your perceived intelligence
D) point out the flaws in his suggestions using rational argument?

Also what language is being spoken in bookmakers these days? It's not Esperanto, I think it's an updated version of that. Scroungeranto, a universal language that the working man can not understand.

Also, not wanting to get all Nick Griffin, but where is the indigenous white man or even the once foreign man who is now 3rd generation and has more of an authentic local accent than you man? Why are they not in the bookmakers? You go into any bookmaker in a highly urbanised area and it's rows of people who barely speak English sitting in front of in play betting terminals. Why this demographic? Explanations please.

I don't know how some of you can sit out pot roulettes. If I'm passing I usually check, but the clientele these days mostly leave little to be desired and I feel I would rather play a Dig It in a moderately hot pub.
JG
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

liiiiiiiiistennnnnn man its gonna hit 22 , trust me bruv 22 ,,,, stick all ya dollar on 22 bruv , ya gets me fam ,,,,,, 22 man

oh , it ripped you man , thats stink init ,,,,,,,, 12 14 or 30 man , they always come after a 7 , trust me bruv ,,,,,, stick some coin on 22 aswel man

oh stink bruv , ,,,,,,,, can you lend me 2 dollar anyways fam ? ,,,,,,,,,,, respec bro , next time i see you in here i'll sort you out , safe init
Little discipline = BIG issue

JG

Post by JG »

Fools and their money. You've got to laugh. Or cry. Sometimes I do both.
JG
quizard

Post by quizard »

A kid came up to me and tried to scam me when I was playing a keybet. He would use his roulette system to win me £100 and all he wanted was £5 LOL. He demonstrated it on that old version of roulette where the ball bobbles about a lot on which he could accurately predict where the ball was going land as soon as it started spinning which I suppose was meant to add authenticity to his claim. His brief demonstration actually won a few quid before I told him to f**k off LOL.
JG

Post by JG »

Wow, he actually had money on him to give a demo?
JG
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

trayhop123 wrote:liiiiiiiiistennnnnn man its gonna hit 22 , trust me bruv 22 ,,,, stick all ya dollar on 22 bruv , ya gets me fam ,,,,,, 22 man

oh , it ripped you man , thats stink init ,,,,,,,, 12 14 or 30 man , they always come after a 7 , trust me bruv ,,,,,, stick some coin on 22 aswel man

oh stink bruv , ,,,,,,,, can you lend me 2 dollar anyways fam ? ,,,,,,,,,,, respec bro , next time i see you in here i'll sort you out , safe init
Southerner slang is awfull 'Bruv'.

Pretty much the same up here but diffrent lingo in bookies.
quizard

Post by quizard »

JG wrote:Wow, he actually had money on him to give a demo?
No I let him explain it with mine - well some people are really guillible :)
JG

Post by JG »

Ah I see. You wanted some entertainment, so you let the fool jabber on for a while until you got bored.
JG
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Bookmakers in some areas, especially in London, are not bookmakers at all, they are community centres! People sit there like its a seond (or even first) home to them and all stick together against the shop managers. Yesterday I was unfortunate enough to be in a Ladbrokes where a giant version of Gary Coleman (the now deceased Arnold from Diff'rent Strokes) was in there looking so miserable that the staff worried for his health and brought him water, which he then spilt on the floor. They wanted him to leave and were trying to be as nice as possible but he wouldn't budge, he even fell asleep at 1 point. I asked him what was wrong, he said he'd lost £100. I see this guy almost every time in a local pub and I've never seen him gamble, nor have I ever seen him in a betting shop so I assume this was very serious to him. I HAD been doing well so I gave him about £20 and told him to get something to eat...which he did... anyway, he came back and thanked me but by that time I'd got smashed to pieces and left. FUCKING CAMELOT CUNT HORSE!!!!

Er.. so back to the topic, I guess it was because he was a well known local that these people didn't boot him out or call the cops on him. You get crowds of asian and eastern europeans in there, 1 of them puts a bet on and that somehow makes all their mates qualify for a sit in because they are watching the bet with them!!! They get their fried chicken in and stink out the shop, sometimes they bring in their own curries... some of these shops STINK.

Then there's the old men who obviously haven't had a wash in 3 months....

That's why betting online is the best option and the companies know it, that's why they give you the best odds for all races online... pretty obvious!

Last time someone was watching me I said, "Yes? Do you want something???" followed by, "Have your own gamble with your own money and get on with your own life!" to which he replied, "Sorry, sir!" LOL. Cheekiest one of all was this cunt watching me back my own numbers, him saying "Come on!" for my numbers whilst standing behind me and asking for a tip at the end of it "Because I made you win!" HAHAAHAAHHAAHAHAHAH!!! I love it! He got fuck all, only a mouthful of abuse!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I'm glad betting shops are infested by immigrants and down-and-outs. It just gives me another reason to stay out of the places.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Dont get this at.the independants... Pretty hard to.come by now.
ming

Post by ming »

'' why don't you put your own money in then'' is my normal answer
its all in the REFLEX's
The landlord

Post by The landlord »

Need 2 agree with ruler regarding the betting shops, horrible places these days, and I blame the roulette machine for sucking the life out them. Played deal or no deal scratch n match in hills on £1 stake few wks back, never again, was quickly £80 in, so thought will play till get phones, £110 in for phones, for a £10 box, kept going was close on £200 in, got phones for a £70 odds deal, then very next shot phones again for £60 odds deal, left about £60 down with a spring in my step as if it was a victory!!!! Lesson learned.....
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Comment from a member of staff in Ladbrokes: "He's an asset to my shop"............when confronted about why a very smelly old man is allowed to come in and stink the shop out on a daily basis. I told her to consider how many customers are put off by him and therefore won't play.

I don't see the relationship between being a mental gambler and not having a wash now and then??? Can someone enlighten me?
JG

Post by JG »

Why waste money on soap when you can play roulette?

Plus ROTW totally agree about the community centre bit. Particularly London.
JG