Will Spurs sell Bale?

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Ruler of The World

Will Spurs sell Bale?

Post by Ruler of The World »

We are talking £60m + bids here and the biggest clubs are after the lad. Will tight arse Levy let him go and buy some foreign twerp for £10-15m to replace him? Or will he finally see sense and realise that if you want to be a top 4 team and continue to be, you can't sell players like that, you utilise them and attract other players with the fact that you have him?

Sadly, I feel he will sell. If Spurs had hung on to Modric and Van Der Vaart I have no doubt they'd have finished 2nd in the league.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

He'll force a move in my opinion.
Ruler of The World

They were discussing this at length today on the radio, it was Talksport I think, they said Bale has a very good relationship with the manager and Levy The Tightarse and apparently wants to help Spurs. He will be on something between £130,000 and £200,000 a week and have a clause in this new contract where a bid of £50m or more must be made in order to trigger a possible sale from next year, not this.

To their credit, they did hang on to Modric for another year...not that it did much good. There are rumours he will return to Spurs... wouldn't bet on that!

Rest assured, if Spurs are not in the top 4 or even 3 this time next year, Bale WILL leave, regardless of excuses. He's 23 and already has the world at his feet. I don't see him doing a Matt Le Tissier!
JG

Post by JG »

Back in the day Matt Hoddle was fast on the wing when Venebles was managing the B side at Hughton Park. Now that sort of calibre of player sits of the bench whilst the likes of Urdinio and Sergekov float for seven figure transfer fees. I can't really see the premier league being that keen if Bale is put up for sale with the likes of Petrovski who is very string in midfield and managers such as Barnes fancying the 2-4-2 formation there's a chance spurs will have to hold onto Bale for a while yet.
JG
Ruler of The World

And look how it ended up! Bale left, Spurs bought a load of players no proper top teams wanted (if they did, they would have signed them instead) and I can't even remember where they finished. It was the last straw for me and now I really don't have a team as I get called a glory supporter whoever I choose.

Good on Bale, I'm so happy for him! He scored the goal that put Real Madrid into the lead in extra time and I just had a feeling they would win it this year. Brilliant goal to win the Copa Del Rey too.

There is no doubt Gareth Bale is a world class footballer... its a pity he will always feel like he is back at Spurs when he plays for Wales!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

14/1 Madrid to win treble 5,000/1 Liverpool to do the same. 14/1??? Fackin hell!!
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Ruler of The World

bookies are tight but thinking about it... Barcelona look like a spent force, Atletico won't be able to touch Real, no other competition in Spain. Real have bought the best players over the past few years, Suarez won't be as great for Barca as he was for Liverpool. Only looks tight because the champions league is a tough competition to win no matter how good your squad is. I'd probably have a stab at 25/1 but not 14/1.