£10 to £10,000

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Barry Trotter

£10 to £10,000

Post by Barry Trotter »

Right, as of tonight, i'm giving this a go on Betfair. Basically, i'll start with £10, and i'm going to try and turn it in to £10,000 by betting on NO HAT-TRICKS being scored in a game. At average odds of 1.03, its going to take 235 games to do it. But, it's got to be tried.

So, i'm starting at the weekend with Man Utd vs Hull. I tricky start, granted, but its 1.07! I might revert back to the more mundane 1.03 ones then ;)

I'll keep the posts updated with how i get on over the coming months. I should be able to cover 1 game every day, so in about 9 months time, I should either be very happy, or £10 worse off!

Wish me luck!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Is there an option to pull out? Say you get 2 grand in front can you stick? Or is it 10 grand or nothing, sounds an intresting bet mate.
Cobwebs 👆
Barry Trotter

Post by Barry Trotter »

I can pull out whenever I want. Someone on Betfair has already tried it, got to £2,300 and lost. However, it would be nice to get to £10,000. Will my balls be big enough should i get in to the thousands? God knows!! But basically, you just keep betting EVERYTHING until you lose, or you get to £10,000!

But then, as he said, he only lost a tenner!

So, i thought... why not give it a go!
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

you going to bet on games with low risk, or try and bet on games that are al say 1.06/7?
gmckee03

Post by gmckee03 »

Does sound pretty interesting let us know how you get on!
spa

Post by spa »

Sounds good. Will have a go aswell. Just looking on the site but can't see it?

I am here,

http://soccer.betfair.com/
spa

Post by spa »

I see it now. Needed to have an account and be logged in :)

I will go for £10 aswell. First to £10,000 then :)
spa

Post by spa »

Not to familiar with betfair. Can the bets be accumulated? Would be better if they could. Pick out 20 games on a Saturday etc.
joe3_3

Post by joe3_3 »

Bets can be accumulated but only certain markets.
Theres loads of ways of trying to get to say 10k, teams when 3 nil up with 5 mins to go, under 6 goals, markets like that and the football forum is actually quite useful sometimes.
There was quite a big tip on Monday or Tuesday from a poster called sky sports hd for a game in the african nations cup where a draw would suite both teams to go through after other results had gone there way on the day.
Nil nil was 10/1 i think from memory, people had packets on.
Guess the result.

If anyone else is gona give it a go and hasnt signed up to betfair yet use my referal code: 4NFDVYDUP

You get a £25 credit once youve wagered £25.

I must say you do get alot more value on betfair generally.
The price for Man city on tues was 6/5 with Ladbr0kes.
(2.2/1decimal odds)
Just before the kick off I got 4.1/1 for city on betfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :c: :s: :d: :h:
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

Same here, i had 25 on man city at 4.1... it's not 4.1/1 though
Unbelievable Jeff
ob

Post by ob »

betfair is generally a better price than bookies, but there is many exceptions, ironically most of the bets I place are with bookies, and on every occasion it was a BETTER price than on befair...

(yes I realise I can lay it off for a sure small profit, but once u take into account commsions its fuck all!)
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Novel idea. And bound to be fun. Keep us posted Barry.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
keno

Post by keno »

Good luck with this Barry.
JG

Post by JG »

Absolutely all the best Barry, my instinct tells me that you're onto a winner with a great sporting chance of getting it. Like a steam train starting up, perhaps in a bonus game of By any means, a looooong time to start but 200 games down the track you're thundering along to the 10k terminus.

Also if you fancy a pint any time in the mane place that's often reddy near where you work then give us a Noel's Jackpot symbol and I'm sure I'll find a corner in my diary to say hello. Also there might be some curious highscore names on Battleships, rather low down hi score names at that, but Kudos none the less.

BLOOP!

Good luck,

JG
JG
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

CrosbyRules wrote:Same here, i had 25 on man city at 4.1... it's not 4.1/1 though
No because its 3-1,

You have to take 1pt away on Betfair to get your fractional odds,

Lets say United to win league are 11.0 on BF, that would be 10-1, take your 1pt away which stands for your £1