Eduardo

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
itsme

Eduardo

Post by itsme »

I saw the challenge on Match Of The Day last night and woke up this morning thinking about it, it's knocked me sick.

Poor bastard.

Hope he can make a full recovery.

As for the challenge....My personal view is that it was a disgraceful tackle.
After seeing the horror replay, you can see that Eduardo was just too quick for Taylor and just moved the ball away.

Opinions ???
life is like a big shit sandwich - every day we take a bigger bite
mjd

Post by mjd »

Awful thing to happen to someone, I dont think I want to see a replay, the look on some of the Arsenal players, and medical staff said everything.

Hope he recovers
boom
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

When I saw the tackle in real-time it looked clumsy as if Eduardo was simply too fast for him. After seeng slow-mo replays and pictures in the paper the studs were showing and now we know why players go ballistic when these challenges are made.

An injury like this has been on the cards for a while now and I hope he makes a full recovery. Most of us will remember David Buusts' injury for Coventry against Man Utd. Now that was sick, one half of his leg was vertical the other horizontal, with a nice pool of blood on the pitch - it even made Schmeichel physically sick.

Has anyone ever seen the clip of the American kids paintballing, where the lad slips off the step ladders and snaps his leg? Don't know if it was fake but it looked nasty.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

For anyone interested in viewing the above clip its still on FHM.com. Its in the 100 greatest videos section and its at number 61.

Enjoy..........or maybe not.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

dangerous

Post by dangerous »

Saw the slow motion replay on MOTD and it was absolutely horrific. Looks exactly the same as Busst's injury and while I hope he makes a full recovery I just don't see it happening. Apparently by the time Busst has had all the operations he needed there wasn't enough muscle left to work the tendons (the bones healed fine).

As for the challenge it was pretty bad but no different to the type of "studs up" tackles you see week in week out. The only difference was Eduardo had his one standing leg planted and there was nowhere for it to go. It could and maybe should now lead to a massive clamp down on these sorts of tackles because now we have seen the consequences.

It will be such a shame if he doesnt play again. One of the best finishers in the Premiership in my opinion.