Lakeside darts

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!

Lakeside darts

Post by Guest »

Anybody got any ideas? Anybody going
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

I much much prefer the PDC on Sky with Messrs Taylor, Wade and Co. The Lakeside standard of darts is much poorer.

However, I cant see anyone beating Martin Adams. Havent checked but im sure the bookies price will reflect this.
dangerous

Post by dangerous »

Gary Anderson is the red hot favourite for this years comp, currently 2-1 on betfair. He's won a few tournaments this year, beating Phil Taylior in the final of one of them and looks a class above the rest of the field. I've also heard good things about Mark Webster.

But instead I'm have a punt on Ted Hankey, a long shot at 36-1 on betfair. But he's great to watch and looks value for money.

I felt the standard at the PDC World Champs was extremely poor compared to previous years, but the BDO is still bound to be worse.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Anderson looks too short a price in my view, although he is clearly the best player. I might go for laying Anderson in his individual matches since he's likely to be heavily odds on.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

dangerous wrote: But instead I'm have a punt on Ted Hankey, a long shot at 36-1 on betfair. But he's great to watch and looks value for money.
I agree. Each way on Hankey's not a bad bet.

Looking forward to Premier League darts this year. Think Taylor'll up his game again so looking at early odds. Going to the final in Cardiff and may have a spare ticket in a couple of months if anybody's needing. (Not yet though as the one guy is still undecided).
mjd

Post by mjd »

I think gary Anderson is out already?

2-1 outright was a stupid price.
boom
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Same old same old for Dreamboy, he bottles it every year in the early rounds. I'm afraid the BDO isn't that great anymore, all the best players are with the PDC these days. Who can blame them eh.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Get on "The Count"
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Have a bit on wolfie.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Gary Anderson lasted long didn't he. :lol:

Don't know what price Johns* brother is/was, but well worth a punt if he's throwing well.

*Tony O'Shea :wink:
dangerous

Post by dangerous »

Told you Hankey was good to watch. When he got booed he went absolutely mental, great TV! He's down to 16.5 on betfair but I don't think he's consistent enough to win. With the quality as poor as its been it seems a consistent player can walk away with the title.

I reckon Darryl Fitton looks a good bet now. Always averages over 90. Just what you need to pick off the stragglers. Currently 12.5 on betfair.
Scott

Post by Scott »

the Hankey match was a good un, you did'nt have too be very good at lip reading too see what he was saying, it was edited on the highlights later on, but he was going nuts at one point.
Cobwebs 👆
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

On averages Webster at 7.0 is a value bet. He's 7/2 at the bookies.
Come on you Royals
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

Dark Horse.

Brian Woods

In 1st round, I backed Hanvidge to beat Woods. Woods destroyed him 3-0, then he went on to beat Po Stompe in 2nd Rd. I backed him this time.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I don't rate Webster that highly. The rankings just seem all wrong to me at the moment if he can be 1at and Waites 3rd. Neither of those two would do well in the PDC. Anyone fancy Wolfie to defend his title? He's looked good so far. I think Hankey will hit the self destruct button when things don't go his way and he's under pressure later on.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"