william hill payouts

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
pat624

william hill payouts

Post by pat624 »

I had £400 to pick up at Will Hills yesterday, I went in at 8.05pm to collect and was told that they only had £300 in the shop, and the other £3 grand was locked in the safe on a time lock and took 30 mins to open.

Not to happy, but I say ok I will pop back at 8.30pm and pick up then, I was then told that the time lock is set so it cant be opened after 8pm in the evening under any circumstances.

I am now quite angry.

So I then say ok I will pop back when you open at 11am and pick up then. I am then told that on Sunday the "time lock" cannot be opened before noon.

Whats the point in having a shop where you cant access the money to pay people out during its opening hours.

POOR CUSTOMER service would you not agree??

I am composing a letter to Will Hill about this, do you think I have a point or am I being pedantic?

Pat
madmatt1387

Post by madmatt1387 »

you have a point pat but cant see the letter making any diffrence
Scott

Post by Scott »

me either, i had £100 on a horse called casablanca minx a few years back at 6/1, and i had too go in two seperate times too get paid, each time being told they did'nt have enough money too pay me, you can understand them not wanting too have thousand just lying around for fear of being robbed, but surely they know that someone is coming too get a winning bet which gives them enough time too get the money ready for collection??

in my case i went too collect over 24 hours after the horse won and it still was'nt ready.
Cobwebs 👆

Post by Guest »

this shit happens all the time....bookies so paranoid about stick-ups n shit...u ever get a big win, good chance u'll get the old " come back 2moro " routine...corals the worst for it...
JG

Post by JG »

It's all the robbers you want to be angry at. Local bookies getting robbed left, right and centre. This means a float of £10 to pay out all the penny bets. Any more and you need to arrange a time with the manager to pick up the cash.