who was better ?

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
maverick69

who was better ?

Post by maverick69 »

sea the stars or shergar
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

Shergar for sure
keno

Post by keno »

No brainer, Shergar.
mjd

Post by mjd »

What about Black Cat Crossing? :lol:
boom
swych

Post by swych »

in a time were horses have evolved through endless breeding, there is more money than ever being pumped into the sport by arabs and people like john magnier and michael tabor . I think that what see the stars has achieved is far greater than any other horse has. shergar was good but he only beat a handful of first class horses, while see the stars has beaten bigger fields and many top class horses in manors which astound me.
you cannot say who is better unless they were to race each other. all you can say is what i have said which would suggest that see the stars would be the better.
no brainer!?
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

the exellertaion of shergar in the 1981 epsom derby was amazing, as was sea the stars... shergar was far ahead of the competion in his day. he won with ease by 10 lengths even though slowing to a canter at the end
swych

Post by swych »

i agree, the manor in which shergar won the derby was astounding but only after a fierce early pace which would have flattered him, also the quality of the oposition in the derby was not great, how many group one winners came out of that race!. he didnt win a guineas eclipse or arc and was beaten at three. they way which sea the dtars won the arc after meeting much trouble in running and beating over 7 proven group1 winners who could only watch has his turn of foot to get out of trouble saw him burst clear.
I have been watching horse racing and have followed the form book for the last 20 years and remember watching shergar win when i used to watch my dads bets as a kid.
sea the stars is by far the best i have ever watched.
we all have our own ideas and thats what makes us human.