Darts: taylor vs jenkins, only big players look lol :)

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
ob

Darts: taylor vs jenkins, only big players look lol :)

Post by ob »

1/10 taylor skybet, it's an absolute banker. He'd have to fall over in ill health to lose lol!! Obviously u gotta do at least a g on it for it to be worthwhile, just worth a look for big punters like me :)

Did £2500 on it, so I've put my own money on the line on this one :)
swych

Post by swych »

is a brave bet, have seen taylor lose when he was 1-33 so nothing is certain. i hope he wins for you anyway. jut pointing out that nothing is ever certain.
ob

Post by ob »

yeh I know that lol, had long odds on things lose before, but its rare thankfully :)
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

What about them who had 250k on ac milan to win at 1-250
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
ob

Post by ob »

told ya :)

easy money lol :)
Jackrack

Post by Jackrack »

nice going mate! i was very tempted, if i wasn't saving for a car it would have been on haha
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

ob wrote:told ya :)

Weren't an easy win, I would of tried to get out personally.

Fine line between stupidity and bollocks
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Henry Cecil once had a 1/10 shot at Windsor on a Monday eveing several years ago called Starlight Night. Eight lengths clear in the straight and he goes lame. Pulled up and hobbled over the line in third. I would lay 1/10 shots all day. Look how many lose in the tennis every tournament.
Roulette free since December 2011.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

HorseRacingKing wrote:
ob wrote:told ya :)

Weren't an easy win, I would of tried to get out personally.

Fine line between stupidity and bollocks
I would bet my life on phil taylor to beat anybody at darts.
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

harry2 wrote:Henry Cecil once had a 1/10 shot at Windsor on a Monday eveing several years ago called Starlight Night. Eight lengths clear in the straight and he goes lame. Pulled up and hobbled over the line in third. I would lay 1/10 shots all day. Look how many lose in the tennis every tournament.

Agreed - horses and tennis BUT

There'll quite simply never be another Phil Taylor in our lifetime. Even on a bad day he's streaks ahead of his rivals.

Being the small time person I am I only had £100 on him - but it was never in any doubt. Last time he played Jenkins on the TV was the final of the Matchplay in Blackpool, forgive me I dont know the correct score but it was something like 18-4 or 18-5.

Even Barneveld looks distinctly average when he's up against Taylor.

(Of course he slips up now and again, but over a DISTANCE darts match - i.e. not first to two sets or something, he usually canters it).
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I agree, but why not sign up at Betfair and get 1.14 (about 1/7).
Roulette free since December 2011.
swych

Post by swych »

ROSSKEEN wrote:
harry2 wrote:Henry Cecil once had a 1/10 shot at Windsor on a Monday eveing several years ago called Starlight Night. Eight lengths clear in the straight and he goes lame. Pulled up and hobbled over the line in third. I would lay 1/10 shots all day. Look how many lose in the tennis every tournament.

Agreed - horses and tennis BUT

There'll quite simply never be another Phil Taylor in our lifetime. Even on a bad day he's streaks ahead of his rivals.

Being the small time person I am I only had £100 on him - but it was never in any doubt. Last time he played Jenkins on the TV was the final of the Matchplay in Blackpool, forgive me I dont know the correct score but it was something like 18-4 or 18-5.

Even Barneveld looks distinctly average when he's up against Taylor.

(Of course he slips up now and again, but over a DISTANCE darts match - i.e. not first to two sets or something, he usually canters it).
i am not arguing he is the best darts player that will ever walk the earth
but unfortunately he does loes games here and there and i can remember him losing at odds of 1-33 and 1-16
not sure how it would pan out if you backed him every game of the season
odds are not there to give money away
ob

Post by ob »

harry2 wrote:I agree, but why not sign up at Betfair and get 1.14 (about 1/7).
As it was not 1.14 there thats why, when I looked it was 1.09. As if I'd be stupid enough not to check, when I'm staking that sort of money mate!
badders2

Post by badders2 »

whats the betting bdo winning the grand slam of darts and taylor not getting past the semis :roll:
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

16-2...lol
Unbelievable Jeff