i'v quit itbox for good after last nights drunken waste of..

Discuss Quiz Machines here..

How much do you spend a week?

£0-£5
40%
£5-£15
20%
£15-£25
30%
£25+
10%

Total votes: 10

jon_20

i'v quit itbox for good after last nights drunken waste of..

Post by jon_20 »

money!!!!

Fu***ng Hell LOL

Last night was really really really pissed and put around £25 in the itbox only won about a fiver which stayed in there aswell!

That was the last straw, I have learnt from my mistake and will not be playing them ever again.............except the odd quid here n there ;)
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Can't vote here mate. You haven't included a vote for how much do i win
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Also the Poll only says how much do i spend and doesn't specify what on. I spend around £500 a week, but only about £2 of that goes on ITBoxes.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

I'll probably play about 100 games on quiz machines each week maybe 50%itbox 40%paragon 10%others

how much i get back out varies, i'd like to think it pays for the beer.
nobody ever wins on those things.

Re: i'v quit itbox for good after last nights drunken waste

Post by Guest »

[quote="jon_20"]money!!!!

Fu***ng Hell LOL

Last night was really really really pissed and put around £25 in the itbox only won about a fiver which stayed in there aswell!

That was the last straw, I have learnt from my mistake and will not be playing them ever again.............except the odd quid here n there ]

you must have been on for hours mate

haven't you got a home to go to? :P

Post by Guest »

unknownpseudonym wrote: how much i get back out varies, i'd like to think it pays for the beer.
I'd like to think that too :lol:
Matty

Post by Matty »

you think £25 is bad trying £100 plus in to a awp then you would feel bad
Gone.But not forgotton 16th Aug 2006..............

Post by Guest »

To answer the question I've never lost more than a fiver at a time. I'm usually 2 or 3 quid down, and I play a couple of days a week.
tka

Post by tka »

Oh, I've lost well over a fiver on one sitting. But I have also won £20 off a quid afew times. Probably about even over all. Okay maybe slightly down but not since I got disciplined. Very rarely don't break even now.
No wonder I drink!
Demmerz

Post by Demmerz »

It's one reason why SWP's are better than AWP's: if I lose £20 I'm gutted and have played really badly. Or I've been a little tipsy. You can't lose fantastic amounts on the quizzes. I spend about £20 a week, get about £25 back on average.
Still kicking about.
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Demmerz wrote:It's one reason why SWP's are better than AWP's: if I lose £20 I'm gutted and have played really badly. Or I've been a little tipsy. You can't lose fantastic amounts on the quizzes. I spend about £20 a week, get about £25 back on average.
Yeah, even if you're a complete idiot, you're going to get at least 2-3 mins play for your 50p on an SWP. On an AWP you can go through a fiver in a matter of seconds. ;)

Post by Guest »

I think the next step for SWPs is to allow you to stake more than 50p, especially as they accept notes now.

Post by Guest »

vaginalbob wrote:I think the next step for SWPs is to allow you to stake more than 50p, especially as they accept notes now.
What do you think the "tournament zone" they talk about on the website http://www.itbox.com/lounge/index.php?p=6 will be?
theminds

Post by theminds »

vaginalbob wrote:I think the next step for SWPs is to allow you to stake more than 50p, especially as they accept notes now.
If a quiz machine allows you to stake more than 50p per go you need a licence, so generally most machines will keep on being 50p a go.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i find it hard to believe that any tax implications relate to increasing the stake given how woolly the law is regarding SWPs but, assuming TM knows his stuff a thought (a friday thought at that):

how about charging 99p for a game with a penny being donated to charity each go?

i'd recommend MIND which is a very worthy charity.

as for the tournaments i'd imagine the template is the same as when they used to have S&D, i won that one month with about 2500 and they sent me a cheque for a ton.
nobody ever wins on those things.