Death of a moneyspinner

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
foxy

Death of a moneyspinner

Post by foxy »

It is with a heavy heart I announce the death of the good Dr.Fox.
Went on a wee day trip to Edinburgh yesterday and found only 3 of our expected 10 machines.Allied to the loss of even more in Glasgow and I think it's fair to say the end has finally come.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank my good friend Mr.Panik(with 1 post to his name I believe)who mastered a machine in a manner I have rarely ever seen and I really have seen some masters in my time.In a fitting tribute we were asked a question about HIM for only the second time ever.
I would like to take this opportunity to try to inspire some of the novice players out there by saying you really can make a fortune out of this if you get the right game.I think we comfortably made about 10 grand each over the last few years and our biggest regret was not travelling much more when we had the chance.
I would be interested to hear what the more experienced players have to think but I really think this is the end.
It's true I've thought this before-one standalone would come out then disappear but just in time you'd find something else that would play fairly.Crystal Maze led me to full time trivia after uni(there's a very interesting debate to be had as to whether this was a good thing!) and then disappeared only to reappear as Crystal Maze 2 with none of the faults ironed out!That goes and CM3 appears-easier still!
Then trivial pursuit,beat the clock,strike it rich and a few more and each time when all appears to be lost and it's time to go and work full-time something has always cropped up.
But not this time.
You'll always get the short-lived mistakes a la silver falls but I can't see any new games having the format that rewards long-term play and I'd be surprised if we see any ever again :(
So please feel free to share my angst or indulge in a little schadenfreude if you must as I bid farewell to the girning idiot that was foxy.
Adieu.A Dieu.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Time for a change of username Foxy?

I do sympathise though... I had an emptiable AWP in the same studenty pub for about 6 months. Guaranteed ton at least twice a week. I wore a black armbard the day it was replaced.