Worst game ever on ITBox?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Vidmar

Worst game ever on ITBox?

Post by Vidmar »

I have my own personal vendettas against Carry On and TV Times, but surely this World Cup Shootout takes the biscuit, given that it is on the main display and has replaced a good wee game, which incidentally had a World Cup theme but was removed before the World Cup started!

Boycott World Cup shootout!
"Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

good wee game
Er, not gonna ask how you play that game! ;)

I think the Silver Falls, or whatever it's called with the really poor / jerky graphics and lack of control is the worst for me... :(

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Terry Tibbs

Re: Worst game ever on ITBox?

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Vidmar wrote:I have my own personal vendettas against Carry On and TV Times, but surely this World Cup Shootout takes the biscuit, given that it is on the main display and has replaced a good wee game, which incidentally had a World Cup theme but was removed before the World Cup started!

Boycott World Cup shootout!
The other game is still on the box played on it again at my mates dads pub yesterday!!! its gone to the back screen and is called Itbox Soccer or something
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

worst game ever? too many to choose from how aboout that woeful hulk game, or fantastic four, our spiderman, or any other shitey film crossover.

Doctor, if your mate's old man is a publican with an itbox does that mean his choice game is hangman2 (like every other landlord) can you ask him if he can change that game and if so how large his choice is? if for example he elected to put spelvin there i would be very interested.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Recently i've hated Monopoly....what's the point in answering a million and one questions for no prize?! :x
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Agree - Monopoly is exceedingly tight. With the Deluxe version I think the best prize 'ratio' I've seen on the cash pot is £18 for 6000 points :shock: That was the first time I played it. Now it's always ridiculous. :(

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Monopoly is a classic example for me of a game where all the work and thought has gone into how it looks and sounds (and even I would concede that these elements are impressive), rather than on the actual gameplay and whether decent prizes are realistically achievable.

I've a feeling that the Cashpot starts at 10,000 points for £5 on a brand new installation as it has now cropped up on the latest version of the large oval Gamesnets and that seems to be where it's set. It looks like the target goes down by 10 points after each game so by that reckoning it is going to take £200 in before getting down to 6000 points, a level at which I would say one or two of us on here would feel it was worth a crack. I'm not sure how the progression from £5 to £20(?) works in parallel with the points falling - maybe someone can enlighten us?

As for the worst game on the ItBox? - God, where to start ...? Most of them are either poor to start with or are good games that never seem to be in playable mode. Ironically however my votes for worst ever games have not appeared on the ItBox as far as I know - take your pick from Pink Panther, Spend it Like Beckham, Bling Bling and Golden Boots, Trivia for Dummies, Blockbusters, the new Cluedo, ...
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I agree with the latest Monopoly.

Even when every other game on the ITBox is bending over and begging you to give it a good spanking, I've never won so much as one brass farthing on the game.
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

sounds like a personal vendetta 'vidmar' :lol: I've seen much worse. What about that street car racing game!!!!
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

unknownpseudonym wrote: Doctor, if your mate's old man is a publican with an itbox does that mean his choice game is hangman2 (like every other landlord) can you ask him if he can change that game and if so how large his choice is? if for example he elected to put spelvin there i would be very interested.
i will ask. i'll be visiting this afternoon for a certain game :)
thehut

Post by thehut »

Agree with earlier poster, Silver Falls is the worst game ever.

I liked Trivia for Dummies, easy questions meant playing it for 30 mins usually yielded a couple of quid profit. Skills honed on STD also helped here...

Best game - Ant and Dec at the moment, or Old Cluedo.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Can't remember the game name.

But the minigolf one.

Played twice on 2 different machines, first shot was some impossible shot, straight to a question, where all the answers are blank, guessed the middle one each time and was wrong.

Or isn't it that bad when it actually works?
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

I love monopoly, always try to advance to go...have won 4 pound of that, and heard of a 10 pound win. It's a scratchcard game.
Unbelievable Jeff
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

drpepper wrote:Can't remember the game name.

But the minigolf one.

Played twice on 2 different machines, first shot was some impossible shot, straight to a question, where all the answers are blank, guessed the middle one each time and was wrong.

Or isn't it that bad when it actually works?
Hi Dr P. The game is called Crazy Money (as in Crazy Golf) and you certainly seem to have been unlucky and played faulty machines as it is one of the games I play regularly and I've never seen those problems. There is a little skill involved, and the final round where you win the cash is never easy, but as long as you only play when it is in a fair mood re the number of points needed to qualify (850 being my personal threshold), there are many many worse games out there.

It's all opinions of course - for example, someone on here actually LIKES Trivia for Dummies! :shock:

Post by Guest »

unknownpseudonym wrote:worst game ever? too many to choose from how aboout that woeful hulk game, or fantastic four, our spiderman, or any other shitey film crossover.

Doctor, if your mate's old man is a publican with an itbox does that mean his choice game is hangman2 (like every other landlord) can you ask him if he can change that game and if so how large his choice is? if for example he elected to put spelvin there i would be very interested.
I watched a guy lose 3 quid on hangman2 the other day. Each time he was within touching distance of a prize....waited til he left (big bloke) and had a few quid myself...exactly the same thing happened to me.

Can you win at this or what?

The game I hate most is Crazy Golf (or whatever it's called). So boring, and you never win..