Word games

Discuss Quiz Machines here..

Post by Guest »

tka wrote:I reckon there are still some loads of £20 JP WUs around too, I know there are 2 in Glasgow.
It is good that we all have different banker games.
I can't believe that the VB team hasn't come across one of those!!! :(
foxy

Post by foxy »

If anyone would like to make me an offer-let's call it a finder's fee or even better some sort of profit share scheme :D - I'm fairly confident, if anyone would like to make the trip, I could find them at least 20 gagging word up's. :shock:
Even better Glasgow's a lovely place as well if you've never been.
I await the pm's with interest!

Post by Guest »

How can you be sure they pay out the £20 - have you cleared on them yourself, Foxy?

I would come up on a 75-25 winnings split (if it's £20 a clear at 40% clearing rate, it will soon add up :D ) , tho' would need somewhere to kip.
Vidmar

Post by Vidmar »

I'm in Glasgow and only know of one place Foxy could be referring to, and you need a student card to get in.

Vast majority of City Centre places have the SHItbox set to 'fiddle'.
"Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase"
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Depends on which union... Strathie Union you need a card at all times of the day. You don't need a card for the 2 unions for the Glasgow Uni during the day, but you do at night. Not sure about the Caley Union.

Luckily, I've got a misprinted student card that says I'm a student until 2007.

No prizes for guessing where I'm going tonight!
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Right, well here's how I got on last night:

Went round all the unions and a couple of bowling places, and here are the results just in:
  • Number of student unions which refused my entry due to my shonky student card: 1
    Number of student unions which I couldn't even find the entrance to: 1
    Number of £20 old Word Up machines found: 0
    Number of machines that looked like they could have £20 clearance version of Word Up but were tantalizingly turned off: 1
    Number of Word-Up machines that were gagging to pay out (400 points for £1) but the screen calibration was totally knackered: 1
    Number of rages flown into as a result of continually trying to play the knackered Word Up but failing miserably: Several
    Number of other games which I've heard talked about on this board as being absolute bankers but which are probably already being covered by other people on this board: 2
    Number of jackpots achieved on other games: 1 (Mousetrap)
Total profit (before food, drink and petrol): £2
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

any profit's a profit (except for one that is eaten up by petrol etc.) but it bought you a few drinks. will Your Eminence be returning to conquer the broken machine? well done on JPing mousecrap though, i never have had los cojones to go that far. whenever i have reason to be off my normal stomping ground i do find it interesting to see what the local players are good at (rarely see any WU heroics unless the Bobs have been marauding).
nobody ever wins on those things.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Yes, but the only intoxicating drink I had was a pint of shandy. The other drinks just rotted my teeth.

I've actually had several jackpots out of Mousecrap. Nothing to do with skill (the games are ridiculously easy), rather being in the right place at the right time.

I've no idea whether the broken machine will ever be turned on again. I used to be a member of said union, and remember that machines used to be turned off for months on end. They've also got rid of their 2 club machines as well for some reason.

Also played the old version of Donkey Derby and got skanked on the final race for £10 (it was the old version, with reduced hee-haw :D )

Post by Guest »

cardinal richelieu wrote:Total profit (before food, drink and petrol): £2
Not planning on going pro yet, then? :wink:
foxy

Post by foxy »

Ooops, clearly got a bit carried away there.
In answer to VB's point I can't say for sure how many £20 machines there are mainly because I'm totally rubbish at WU.Our top score is c.1100 which I know is crap but I guess my point is that I've seen no end of machines at around 700 for the £1.
How much does this mean you guys could actually take out of the machine and how long would this take?If there were enough machines at 700 or less would it be worthwhile to make a journey?
Without wishing to seem too forward you'd be most welcome to stay at mine VB- I need to see someone good at this game in action!!

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the offer, foxy, but I think Glasgow is too far a trek for me at the moment. Maybe later in the summer.

We could probably turn a profit of c. £100 a day (6-8hrs 'work') on fresh WUs without £20 clearing pots. With £20 jackpots maybe £1000/day, but it's unlikely that the jackpots are still available.

Are there many Paragon machines up there? They could up profits to £200/day.
Vidmar

Post by Vidmar »

Tossloads of Paragons in Glasgow. I could even forward you my patented 'Machine Route' which takes you through 10 pubs, a couple of which have both Paragons and Itboxes and allows the player to partake in several of the violence-based delights Glasgow has to offer.
"Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase"
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Way too far to be worth it.

Boys - the machines that say "20 quid JP" are just plain lying.

700 points is a gift, but one win of 5quid or so would just about kill it.
tka

Post by tka »

fotherz wrote:

Did Fotherz miss the boat for the free money a couple of years ago?
No wonder I drink!

Post by Guest »

tka wrote:
fotherz wrote:

Did Fotherz miss the boat for the free money a couple of years ago?
ALL the Bobbers missed the boat - none of us were playing SWPs seriously back then.